Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alisa Lucente

GIRLS: what kind of deodorant do you use?

I want a good deodorant that has a strong exotic smell. All the deodorants I've tried smell to breezy or floral. Anyone know of good deos that have a nice perfume like smell?

The best deodorant I have used so far::

Axe- Spray on deodorant. I'm a girl. My armpits do not act up, only when my arms feel flimsy and I end up with little coverage(A bit difficult to spray on, because my wrists are dainty).

Secret- Has nice scents and does not allow my arm pits to act up. Only thing I did not like, the sticky feel of deodorant under my arms. Oh, and it discolours my clothes.

The best deodorant I have used so far::

Axe- Spray on deodorant. I'm a girl. My armpits do not act up, only when my arms feel flimsy and I end up with little coverage(A bit difficult to spray on, because my wrists are dainty).

Secret- Has nice scents and does not allow my arm pits to act up. Only thing I did not like, the sticky feel of deodorant under my arms. Oh, and it discolours my clothes.

so you use guy deodorant?

Deodorant is deodorant. Axe de-odorizes my under arm odor. It works well, the scents are great, and it does not leave sticky shit in my pits or turn my clothes into different colours.

I use Certain Dri to reduce overall sweating, and then sometimes I use Addidas or baby powder. Secret has some nice ones but stay away fromt the gels.

Guest Sincerely_Me

I think it's hard to find one with an "exotic" smell because the point of deodorant is to be fresh and clean and all that.

I have never had one with an exotic smell, but I use Dove and Secret. Secret has some good smells different than others, but nothing "exotic"

grrr...

i just started using this amazing body wash that smells soooo goood.. (exotic)..and I wanted something strong to match that but I guess the closest i can get is secret (the gel kind) but they dont have long lasting protection. Oh and I think I just remebered one of those thing tall aerosol bottles they're red (or different colours), its a spray they might have that exotic smell. Im not sure. When I went on vacation in the middle east I bought one mmmm it smelled like some expensive perfume.

Scent is a good deodorant .. why do you need soemthing so strong? they dont make strong women deodorants .. they either dont smell much or smell like spring or roses .. the only strong strong deodorants are for men bc they neeeed it! lol .. i read that putting white vinegar under your arms will stop the smell.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I use degree ultra clear, it has a stronger scent than most i've used.

Me too. I just like that fact that it doesn't leave white marks nearly as bad as others... well unless I pile the stuf on.

The smell of Dove makes me gag, as does the constistency of the Secret gels. I like the pear Secret one, but it gets to be too much after a while.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

The smell of Dove makes me gag, as does the constistency of the Secret gels. I like the pear Secret one, but it gets to be too much after a while.

For some reason secret gel deodorants end up changing the color of my clothes. I had a few ruined shirts from using this. I think it was a combo of the dye and my sweat or something. Tha'ts the main reason why i switched.

For some reason secret gel deodorants end up changing the color of my clothes. I had a few ruined shirts from using this. I think it was a combo of the dye and my sweat or something. Tha'ts the main reason why i switched.

Why not try an unscented antipersprant? That way you'll keep your pits fresh and it won't conflict with your perfume.

Scent is a good deodorant .. why do you need soemthing so strong? they dont make strong women deodorants .. they either dont smell much or smell like spring or roses .. the only strong strong deodorants are for men bc they neeeed it! lol .. i read that putting white vinegar under your arms will stop the smell.

oh haha no no, dont get me wrong, i hardly have body odor :lol: (thank god).. I just like the strong smelling deos they smell so good!!!

yeah me to!! it makes it white. but goes away after you wash it.

I used to use Dove (solid) but it wasn't enough protection... Man deodorant is formulated differently than woman deodorant... they ARE different and it will make a difference which one you use. I use Secret platinum gel... really nice, goes on clear, dries quickly, decent protection... only problem is the container is small and doesn't last long. The thing about deodorant (at least ones with Aluminum T-something) is the more you use it the better the protection is. You're basically clogging your pores with that chemical, so the more often you use it the better it works.

And the scent wears off in a few minutes or an hour anyway, and nobody's sticking their nose in your pits (I hope)... so I don't think the scent matters all that much.

I used to use Dove (solid) but it wasn't enough protection... Man deodorant is formulated differently than woman deodorant... they ARE different and it will make a difference which one you use. I use Secret platinum gel... really nice, goes on clear, dries quickly, decent protection... only problem is the container is small and doesn't last long. The thing about deodorant (at least ones with Aluminum T-something) is the more you use it the better the protection is. You're basically clogging your pores with that chemical, so the more often you use it the better it works.

And the scent wears off in a few minutes or an hour anyway, and nobody's sticking their nose in your pits (I hope)... so I don't think the scent matters all that much.

theres always places close to the "pit"

Secret Platinum "Botanical Silk"-- very refreshing scent. I like it much more than Lady Speed Stick in terms of performance. I didn't like Dove very much, because it didn't seem to do anything, really.

Secret really does last 24 hours!! :)

Dont use something too strong... sometimes its a little too overpowering.

Im a guy btw... i use lynx dry - africa