Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yesterday at uni i bumped into this girl i used to go out with, who i havn't seen for about 6 months. We talked for a while and then we went off to study together in the library. While we were in there, she passed me over this note (people get extrememly fucked off if you talk in the library) which said "You look fantastic! Much better than the last time i saw you". Now, this made me feel kinda strange. Obviously it was a compliment (because my skin is pretty much clear now), but i just think the way she said it was very shallow... So in a way, it was a compliment, but it just wasn't a very nice way of putting it.

I'd be happy if someone told me that (which happened before, by the way), but kind of sad inside that people actually thought my acne was bad before. Oh well, just take it as a compliment. I know there are others here that wish they got compliments like that. Who cares if the way she said it was "shallow"? At least she wasn't saying it in a way like, "Those pimples you had sure healed very well!"

Yeah i am taking it as a compliment and it did actually make me feel good. But it was just the feeling that she must have thought my acne looked bad which got me down a bit...

i get a lot of that, about my weight and my acne.

mostly it's from my buddies when they say go for it man you've lost weight and your acne's clearing up

It's kind of bad because if you ever get acne back again you'll know what she thinks of you. THE FEAR WILL IMPRISON YOU. :ninja:

It's kind of bad because if you ever get acne back again you'll know what she thinks of you. THE FEAR WILL IMPRISON YOU. :ninja:

lol making expectations

i hate when people "compliment" you but there is an insult hidden in it. she probably was just trying to be nice.