Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disiac

What would you suggest?

I have these really annoying red marks, that won't seem to go away. How can you turn this:

IPB Image

back to this?

IPB Image

(this is right cheek by the way, notice there is no mole)

The only thing I'm doing right now is using Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer and the line's scrub (stopped using after I broke out from using it), and Neutorgena Acne Mark Fading Peel. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I should do? Any topical treatments that I should consider? Thanks for any help.

dude...your face looks awesome man. to be honest.....i would die and come back to have your skin.

it's barely even noticeable....don't be greedy now..don't ask for too much

my red marks is ten time worse than yours

I know, I know. I'm grateful that I don't have the severe acne I used to have, but those redmarks only remind me of the past. And it only brings my self-esteem down, especially when people compliment me on how I got rid of the acne, and then they say "now the only thing you need to work on are those redmarks." Ouch. I really want to go back to how my skin was... I don't want to scrub too much because they irritate me, and masking only burns my skin. Any suggestions guys? :(

Okay, maybe I'm a bit obsessed? :lol No, seriously... I'm sure you can clearly tell the difference between the two pictures, how effed up the cheek looks now with all those little red marks. I guess it's safe to say that my red marks aren't as severe as some, but still, I want to go back to how my skin was, which was smooth and clear... with very little marks. :( I'm sure you all would like to go back to how your skin was once you reached to the point of 'okay' skin! :P

Okay, here's a clearer and bigger shot so it's easier to spot the difference.

THEN

IPB Image

NOW

IPB Image

Help? :(

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

A good quality Glycolic Acid serum and broad spectrum sunscreen. Maybe even look into a light Vitamin A cream for nights. They're really not bad but i completely support clearing them. If it were me i'd do exactly that.

Time. a simple glycolic product may help but time and your skin's healing ability will do the lion's share of the fading. The worst thing you could do is irritate your skin so take it easy. Your skin looks awesome.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Time. a simple glycolic product may help but time and your skin's healing ability will do the lion's share of the fading. The worst thing you could do is irritate your skin so take it easy. Your skin looks awesome.

I agree, but a good Glycolic Acid product and some Vitamin A will speed up the process. Controlled damage and increased healing capacity in the skin. ;) And of course a broad spectrum sunscreen, that's so, so important.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! :) I'll try and look for a good glycolic acid serum as well as a Vitamin A cream.

20 feet - I mentioned in my first post that the other picture is my right cheek. Either way, both sides of my cheeks looked equally great compared to how they look now.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Thanks for the suggestions guys! :) I'll try and look for a good glycolic acid serum as well as a Vitamin A cream.

20 feet - I mentioned in my first post that the other picture is my right cheek. Either way, both sides of my cheeks looked equally great compared to how they look now.

Sounds good. I just started another product lastnight, it's a Trans-Retinol (Vitamin A) with 12% GA in it. I can keep you posted on it's effectiveness.

I agree, but a good Glycolic Acid product and some Vitamin A will speed up the process. Controlled damage and increased healing capacity in the skin. ;) And of course a broad spectrum sunscreen, that's so, so important.

Agreed. It's just that I see a lot of people slathering product after product in hopes of quickly diminishing their red marks. I don't want him to go overboard and irritate the hell out of his skin and possibly get depressed due to elevated expectations.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Agreed. It's just that I see a lot of people slathering product after product in hopes of quickly diminishing their red marks. I don't want him to go overboard and irritate the hell out of his skin and possibly get depressed due to elevated expectations.

Yep, i think we're of the exact same opinion with this. It needs to be a very strict case of ease off when irritation surfaces. That's just complicating the problem otherwise. If you're only going to use one product for red marks, it should be sunscreen.

Just a question about the glycolic acid serum - what are some brand products? I've been using Pimple Eraser which seems pretty good. I was also wondering about the sunscreen thing, if you don't go outside more than a couple minutes a day, do you need it with the glycolic acid?

I've just started using a line from Jan Marini so i'm not going to speculate on how good they are. I'll let people know what my experiences are. I can say that their sunscreen is by far the best i've ever used. And i've spent an absolutes fortune in search for the ultimate sunscreen. My quest ends here. :razz:

I remember I wrote a thread once about time being the best method for healing red marks. I got blasted for it. :D

My advice is time, a good sunscreen during the day, an 8% glycolic acid lotion used once a day, and a good concealer.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I remember I wrote a thread once about time being the best method for healing red marks. I got blasted for it. :D

My advice is time, a good sunscreen during the day, an 8% glycolic acid lotion used once a day, and a good concealer.

One of my friends is using a 14% GA product, twice daily and a sunscreen, and they're yet to have any irritation. I suppose it depends on formulation.