Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissyG

Really Limiting My Life

Maybe it's because I'm so self-conscious, but acne is really ruining my life. I've missed countless days of school and work, I don't leave the house for periods of time, I've turned down numerous boyfriends because I'm too embarassed, I'm obsessed with make-up..

Am I the only one?

Maybe it's because I'm so self-conscious, but acne is really ruining my life. I've missed countless days of school and work, I don't leave the house for periods of time, I've turned down numerous boyfriends because I'm too embarassed, I'm obsessed with make-up..

Am I the only one?

No. There are many people just like you, I am one of them. I've missed lots of school and work days because I just felt like shit about my face. Sometimes I think I'm gonna ruin my relationship with my fiance' because of how "obsessed" I've become with trying to fix my face. :/ But..I'm learning to be patient and this message board has helped SO much. Good luck to you.

ive turned down opporunities with girls many times because of my face. and ive ruined some relationships i did have because of it. i sometimes feel im not good enough because my skin is shitty, and im waiting till i fix it. but im never gonna be perfect. mehh. whatever.

I think most of us feel somewhat ashamed and embarrased by our acne. I, like others, struggle to face the outside world on somedays, I often wonder whether that is because of the physical appearance of acne, or whether it is all in my head, I suspect its a combination.

Lately though I have been trying to get a new outlook on life and not let acne affect me and go to all of my classes and not worry about what people think. It helps, I dont fell as depressed anymore, but I would e lying if I said im not still really paranoid about it all

i feel exactly the same...i'm only 16 and i feel like i'm missing out on life (i've had acne for a few years) i also missed a lot of school days and i act aloof and avoid hanging out w/ friends. i also try to avoid getting closer to guys because i feel uncomfortable w/ my skin (i'm happy about the way i look i just hate my acne/scars) and i think they might think it's ugly and gross. but everytime i complain about my acne i just think to myself that there are people who are deformed or disabled an just be grateful that my acne isn't as bad as others :)

I can most def relate 2 u I've even quit my last job b/c one of my managers made a comment about my acne scars. Thank god I'm not in school anymore but I used 2 miss school all the time if my skin was broken out. I used 2 b a mirror whore but now I've found that if I don't look in the mirror it makes it a lot easier 2 deal with.

<---im like that.....this acnes almost gone...cant wait to have my life bak...and my gf...wich puts out every time i see her.

I am also one. Back in high school, I had really pretty skin and guys usually pay more attention. But when I went to college, my skin turned bad. I became shy and turned down many guys.

Now, i am on accutane, it's making my skin good again.

And I regret missing so many good opportunities. Now, i am out of college, I would never get that many dating opportunities anymore.