Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babadum

What happens when you see people you haven't seen for a long time?

I was bored and I made this myspace account(although I actually don't even use it I just made it for fun one day and wanted to see how many people who I don't know personally would want to add me, for my own amusement it was nice seeing some people add me even though I wasn't great looking or clear of acne it was for fun) And like sconex I didn't plan on seeing old people but just two minutes ago I got an email saying someone requested to be my friend normally I'd be extremely happy about this (cuz it would mean another person added me for me and without even meeting me) but normally I don't add them until later on but since today I have nothing better to do i actually went to the website and i found out it was someone I used to know but the bad thing is they have clear skin and this myspace I made for FUN not so that people I know would find me because I don't even like using Myspace but like sconex peopel I used to know just SUDDENLY found me and then I knew it was a curse because I left my whole name to be found =/ DAMN! I should have never put my real name! at least not my full name at first I thought it was those odd groups I joined but she only had 5 groups and none of them were the same ones I joined so that must mean she found me purposely and now I dunno what to do well I know what I want to do which is to close down the account completely but like my sconex account I want it I just don't want people to find me! ><;; god I was stupid I don't want people to see how I've become now pimply and all and obviously not as lucky as her! GOD okay I'm rambling and this post seems pointless heh.. I just wanted to see what peopel normally do in these situtations heh..

Guest Sincerely_Me

When I see someone I haven't seen in a long time...I'm usually like oh cool, I knew you, but if it was a good friend then I'll get so excited. Personally I think they'll notice how you look but CARE more that they actually saw you again.

I was bored and I made this myspace account(although I actually don't even use it I just made it for fun one day and wanted to see how many people who I don't know personally would want to add me, for my own amusement it was nice seeing some people add me even though I wasn't great looking or clear of acne it was for fun) And like sconex I didn't plan on seeing old people but just two minutes ago I got an email saying someone requested to be my friend normally I'd be extremely happy about this (cuz it would mean another person added me for me and without even meeting me) but normally I don't add them until later on but since today I have nothing better to do i actually went to the website and i found out it was someone I used to know but the bad thing is they have clear skin and this myspace I made for FUN not so that people I know would find me because I don't even like using Myspace but like sconex peopel I used to know just SUDDENLY found me and then I knew it was a curse because I left my whole name to be found =/ DAMN! I should have never put my real name! at least not my full name at first I thought it was those odd groups I joined but she only had 5 groups and none of them were the same ones I joined so that must mean she found me purposely and now I dunno what to do well I know what I want to do which is to close down the account completely but like my sconex account I want it I just don't want people to find me! ><;; god I was stupid I don't want people to see how I've become now pimply and all and obviously not as lucky as her! GOD okay I'm rambling and this post seems pointless heh.. I just wanted to see what peopel normally do in these situtations heh..

When it comes to seeing old friends who i havent seen in a while, i get soo paranoid. Its like, one of my oldest friends moved away from where i live when we were about 8 or something. I got back in contact with her this year and it was great to hear rfom her. Had a good catch up on msn which was brilliant. Before i knew it, we were making plans to meet up. I was just really happy to be making arrangements to meet up with her that i didnt think about my acne! But when the day came when we saw eachother, i was like "omg, whats she gona think of my skin? i'm not the clear faced 8 year old anymore". i was getting really paranoid. I dont know why i was worried coz to me, it didnt even seem like she was bothered about my skin. I was too hapy to see her that i just forgot about acne and had fun! lol! I think as im getting older, i;m not to bothered what people think coz its my personality that shines more than anything

i think id be freaking out like you are right now if i was you. luckily my webcam is blurry enough to stop my spots showing so i just put up blurry webcam pics of me on bebo and stuff cos then everyone i find who i used to know thinks i look nice when i actualy look mank.

i panick about going into town because of seeing people i used to know before acne. especially thoose i didnt get along with too well. i dont want them to see i have acne now. id probably scream and run into the nearest bus to avoid them seeing my face lol.

and recently people i havent seen in a while have been like: "what happened to your face!?" so much for pretending it isnt there -.-

I have a big extended family (auntie/uncles etc) who live abroad, and I see them once every year and all my uncle/aunties/cousins are all BITCHES. The first thing they ALL say is "what happened to your face" "OMG you have acne" before they have even said hello or how are you to me in FRONT OF EVERYBODY, as if it's some kind of freak show. It's really rude and offensive and it really pisses me off. They point and TELL me that I have acne - as if I don't know that I have spots on my face !! They also assume that I do nothing about it, not that they give ANY advice. They do this EVERY time I am in there presence, whether I see them every day or every week or every year, its always the same talk about my acne, and it pisses me off and makes me angry and then I find it really difficult to socialize with family and look at them because I am either upset or ashamed. They have also been back stabbing and spreading stuff that I won't be able to get married because of my poor skin.

I have a big extended family (auntie/uncles etc) who live abroad, and I see them once every year and all my uncle/aunties/cousins are all BITCHES. The first thing they ALL say is "what happened to your face" "OMG you have acne" before they have even said hello or how are you to me in FRONT OF EVERYBODY, as if it's some kind of freak show. It's really rude and offensive and it really pisses me off. They point and TELL me that I have acne - as if I don't know that I have spots on my face !! They also assume that I do nothing about it, not that they give ANY advice. They do this EVERY time I am in there presence, whether I see them every day or every week or every year, its always the same talk about my acne, and it pisses me off and makes me angry and then I find it really difficult to socialize with family and look at them because I am either upset or ashamed. They have also been back stabbing and spreading stuff that I won't be able to get married because of my poor skin.

Yeah, my uncle visited me and the first thing he said when he saw me was "Wow, he has a lot of acne" (talking to my dad), my uncle is a doctor himself but I think he's a Ob Gyn.

Well, this year I met a friend I haven't seen in over 2 years. The date was not very exciting as she didn't seem as fun and was shyer than she was when she was younger. Anyways, it made us still talk about be past, and we got back into being friends and chat regularly.

As for the look, I'm sure she was a bit surprised since my severe acne was no more. She mentioned a "you look great", but if you meet someone when you had more acne than in the past, I'm sure the old friends wouldn't care since they want to see you.

today i met someone who i havent seen since high school..like 7 years ago. i jusst heard someone saying my name and i was like 'who the**** are you?' actually i didnt say that but anyway we scream at ech other in the store when i realise who she is..

and guess what the next thing she says is..

'what happened to your face?'

is that rude or what?

anyway for some reason though, i wasnt hurt by the statement..though in my mind i was thinking 'your face aint too good yourself'. i think i reacted ok cos i am at a stage were i know that things will get better and i will have clear skin one day or maybe psychologically, im trying to block what she said (some kind of denial i guess)

today i met someone who i havent seen since high school..like 7 years ago. i jusst heard someone saying my name and i was like 'who the**** are you?' actually i didnt say that but anyway we scream at ech other in the store when i realise who she is..

and guess what the next thing she says is..

'what happened to your face?'

is that rude or what?

anyway for some reason though, i wasnt hurt by the statement..though in my mind i was thinking 'your face aint too good yourself'. i think i reacted ok cos i am at a stage were i know that things will get better and i will have clear skin one day or maybe psychologically, im trying to block what she said (some kind of denial i guess)

Whatta horrible thing to say, I hate people sometimes. Everytime I see my grandpa he comments on my face, everytime I see my dad he comments on my face (i dont see them that often). My dad asked me what happened to my face and what I have put on it to make it look so "greasy"... I calmly replied "dad, my skin has changed, I turned 19 and I got oily skin and acne... it just happens okay???" and then he says... " but you never had problems in your teens, why is your skin like this now? What did you do?" He was blaming me for having acne and oily skin as if I brought it on myself... F#CK that pissed me off.