Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ThereIsHope

How much Vit C to take for scarring?

Guest WolfPleb

Above 500mg/day there is evidence that vitamin C start to act more as a pro-oxidant.

I take Haliborange high strength vitamin C 500 mg; for some reason it seems to work better than any other vitamin C I've used; my skin is visibly tighter when I take it (presumably it's because vit C uprates collagen production).

FWIW it's got sodium ascorbate as well as ascorbic acid, and bioflavonoids and vitamin E; but I have no idea why it works.

Vit C eh...Does it improve scarring by itself? Or do you have take it along side procedures like self needling or TCA cross to see results?

upper limit for Vitamin C is around 1.5-2g

but don't take that much

1g is more than enough

i've been taking one 500mg tablet in the morning and one at night

so total of 1g per day for me

works fine

i find it really helps with wound healing, but not so sure about scarring...

maybe u can try vitamin E serum for scarring instead

there are a lot of posts/threads which talk about megadosing vitamin c, with fantastic results in terms of redness. most of them recommend taking at least 4 grams. here are some of the threads that i found:

Im megadosing vitamin C and im loving it

Start POUNDING ON THE VITAMIN C AND VITAMIN E

Specfically for ppl who want a CURE for red marks!

Vitamin C

you may have also heard of Antony, he's quite famous here i think. he completely cleared up his acne and his complexion looks fantastic. his advice for getting rid of red marks was taking 10 grams of vitamin c along with 10 grams of msm and 800iu of vitamin e.

there are a lot of posts/threads which talk about megadosing vitamin c, with fantastic results in terms of redness. most of them recommend taking at least 4 grams. here are some of the threads that i found:

Vitamin C

you may have also heard of Antony, he's quite famous here i think. he completely cleared up his acne and his complexion looks fantastic. his advice for getting rid of red marks was taking 10 grams of vitamin c along with 10 grams of msm and 800iu of vitamin e.

well ur rediculous bc that is extremely unhealthy

Vitamin C

well ur rediculous bc that is extremely unhealthy

hi, please re-read my post before calling me "rediculous" because i have only linked a couple of threads on the forum, and quoted Antony's advice for red marks. which part of my post makes ME ridiculous? besides, Antony's complexion is, quite literally, perfect. that's more than can be said for anyone surfing this thread.

so what if i spelt it rediculous do you always point out ppls mistakes? ever heard of a typo .. i guess not .... anyways its ridiculous for you to megadose on anything bc ur body cannot handle it .. and can only take in so much hence RDA ever heard of it yea its called the recommended dosage and if megadosing was ok then it wouldn't exist but the ppl who do come out with the recmmended dosage do alot of tests and trails. So what if someone else does it .. does that make it ok for you to do it? so if someone told you to jump off a bridge would you? Not everything ppl suggets on here is safe bc alot of ppl are acting out extremist ways bc they are depressed and will try anything .. use common sense before you do soemthing foolish like overdose on anything.

so what if i spelt it rediculous do you always point out ppls mistakes? ever heard of a typo .. i guess not .... anyways its ridiculous for you to megadose on anything bc ur body cannot handle it .. and can only take in so much hence RDA ever heard of it yea its called the recommended dosage and if megadosing was ok then it wouldn't exist but the ppl who do come out with the recmmended dosage do alot of tests and trails. So what if someone else does it .. does that make it ok for you to do it? so if someone told you to jump off a bridge would you? Not everything ppl suggets on here is safe bc alot of ppl are acting out extremist ways bc they are depressed and will try anything .. use common sense before you do soemthing foolish like overdose on anything.

1) yes, it's unhealthy to megadose on certain vitamins like vitamin a which are fat-soluble, and will put a strain on your liver. however, vitamin c is a water-soluble vitamin. you just piss out what your body cannot process.

2) the RDA figures have not changed in 40 years.

3) why don't you quote me some reports on people having negative side effects from "OD-ing" on vitamn c, or actual (not hypothetical) studies that state that taking too much vitamin c has adverse effects on your health?

we're all grown-ups here. do what you deem fit, and be responsible for your own actions and the consequences. if you think it's dangerous to do take too much vitamin c, then don't. anyway it's your face and your body, not mine.

1) yes, it's unhealthy to megadose on certain vitamins like vitamin a which are fat-soluble, and will put a strain on your liver. however, vitamin c is a water-soluble vitamin. you just piss out what your body cannot process.

3) why don't you quote me some reports on people having negative side effects from "OD-ing" on vitamn c, or actual (not hypothetical) studies that state that taking too much vitamin c has adverse effects on your health?

we're all grown-ups here. do what you deem fit, and be responsible for your own actions and the consequences. if you think it's dangerous to do take too much vitamin c, then don't. anyway it's your face and your body, not mine.

find OD but isnt that pt. of this website to help others and give them good advice? So dont have th attitude its ur body not mine .. bc that mentality doesnt help anyone. ODing on any vitamin is bad even water soluble bc it causes you to deficient in other vitamins.

What do you guys think of Vitamin C serum? I read somewhere that L absorbic (?) acid is the only type that absorbs into the skin, but I bought some today at the PCC (organic co-op in Seattle area) that is made by Kiss my Face. Should I return it for something different? It says the Vitamin C source is Ester C and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate. Perhaps Ester C is this forum of Vitamin C... I don't know. I'm lost.

Thanks!

find OD but isnt that pt. of this website to help others and give them good advice? So dont have th attitude its ur body not mine .. bc that mentality doesnt help anyone. ODing on any vitamin is bad even water soluble bc it causes you to deficient in other vitamins.

pumpkin, my point is simply that there aren't any actual studies/cases of vitamin c having adverse health effects on people, only hypotheses and speculation, so you should just judge for yourself whether or not it is safe to try out any given remedy.

www.gnc.com and www.vitacosgt.com have serums .. whats on vitacost is cheaper .. u should get the GNC Gold Card everything is then 20% off!!

IMO megadosing on any vitamins isnt safe bc i dont think they are meant for that .. taking everything in moderation is what we all should do .. no more no less .. usually too much of a good thing can lead to problems.

Look it up in google. Theres a guy who took 4+ grams of Vitamin C a day for 50 years and he lived to blike 96 with great health and hardly getting sick.

If you were to take a lot of Vit C It would be wise to drink plenty of water...

Yeah well remember that dude who ate tons of bacon everyday and drank two glasses of wine every day, didn't excersise and lived until he was like 102?

explain that. :think:

Look it up in google. Theres a guy who took 4+ grams of Vitamin C a day for 50 years and he lived to blike 96 with great health and hardly getting sick.

If you were to take a lot of Vit C It would be wise to drink plenty of water...

Yeah well remember that dude who ate tons of bacon everyday and drank two glasses of wine every day, didn't excersise and lived until he was like 102?

explain that. :think:

i think you pulled that out of your ass