Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mantras

Removal of blackheads on accutane?

Hi there. I'm on day 20 of accutane and have gotten a crazy amount of blackheads on my nose and surounding areas. What is the best and gental way to extract them? They seem to all be pushed out from the accutane, but aren't leaving my skin with the regular use of cleansing bar. I tried a face scrub yesterday and it didn't remove many and only seemed to bring on some red blemishes. I feel like scrapping my nose with my fingernails but I don't think that should be a way to go at it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. I've already learned a lot going through them forums and feel accutane will be a success in the future for me.

Get a facial...have the esthetician do the extractions. They call it "acne surgery" and many insurance policies cover it...mine does. I go to a derm that has a spa in his office. I get facials once a month and my insurance picks up the tab.

I think when i was using 10 BP the blackheads on my nose all went away, but now I don't use it anymore. I use tazorac + Doxy 100MG... they started re-appearing =(....

Well I'm currently on 40 mg accutane and don't want to use topicals with it. Also I was looking for help that I could do myself. I don't see the need to see someone for a facial, but maybe I should think about it.

Any accutane people that have had good results removing the excess blackheads? My face is already real dry from the treatment so I was looking for something that wouldn't overdry too much more.

I just used a gentle exfoliant, and they came out on their own...well and mine are really easy to squeeze out.

what product might you recommend?

I just used a gentle exfoliant, and they came out on their own...well and mine are really easy to squeeze out.

what product might you recommend?

It all depends on how your skin is reacting to Accutane. I really don't have much dryness/redness/irritation yet, so I got away with using St. Ives gentleapricot scrub. Also, a warm washcloth rubbed gently shouldn't hurt. All of mine were on my nose which seem to be easier to deal with. :D

I didn't extract mine, even though I felt they were too deep to be pushed out. I just let the accutane take its course. I might have exfoliated once with apricot scrub when it felt like sandpaper. Actually, I think it is a matter of your skin thinning to the point where they are so exposed, they come out.

Thanks. My nose does feels like sandpaper and it's getting annoying. I think I'll try a gentle exfoliator tonight.