Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lummox

Dark circles around my eyes

Many times (regardless of sleep length) around my eyes are dark (mainly underneath), but not puffy or swolen. This has been bugging me for some time. At college, someone thought I had a black eye one time! I am doing the CSR, but I dont touch my eyes except for a gentle skin cleanser. I doubt this is the cause because it has happened many times before. Maybe it's genetic, I don't know. I know this doesn't really have much to do with acne, but I'm curious if anyone suffers from this or has any tips to solve it. Sorry if this is off-topic.

Hello, as in my case, the dark circle is related to hayfever, nothing to do with sleeping duration or the lotion you put on your eyes areas.

p/s: I am not sure which is the suitable place to post your question? Moderator. please.

i've had the dark pigmentation under my eyes my entire life. also, you can see blue and red veins in parts of my face; especially my eyelids. i think it adds character.

Dark circles are mainly due to the vascular bed under your eyes which are more visible through the thin skin in that area. There is some hereditary component as well. Certainly, allergies and lack of sleep can exacerbate them.

If they bother you enough, you may want to consider having a filler placed in the "tear trough" or under eye area. This will raise the skin off of the vascular bed, diminishing the appearance of undereye hollows and dark circles. Otherwise a good concealer will do the trick just as well.

You could use a cream to remove them, Skin Doctors Circle Clear. i also have dark circles. i never used to have them before until I had a black eye once.

The cream is supposed to be a favourite and works for loads. Its working for me very slowly, I just have to get used to not expecting any results in 2-3 weeks. It depends on your situation.

i also have dark circles under my eyes .. they are hereditary .. my mom has them then she passed it down to me and my little sister .. it sucks .. bc evenb concealer does help bc ur skin is sunken in. I heard creams dont work its all junk and bc of all the oils in them they could give you milia eww not something i want. Do you think going to nsee a dermatologist would help .. could he/she recommend something or maybe laser treatment.

It probably is hereditary but since I was adopted, I am clueless as to whether my birthparents had it. I don't do drugs, I don't have hayfever (just mild occasional allergies), and I doubt I am hyperglycemic. The filler sounds a little too weird for me. The lotions would be expensive if I had to use them continuously. The lotions seem to be for people who need for only a few times.

I did read somewhere that sleeping overnight with a thin layer mashed banana on/under your eyes helps because of the potassium in the banana?! I might try that first.

I have the same thing (no bags, just circles) and in my case, it's definitely hereditary (mom and grandmom both have it). Makeup helps a little and I can definitely notice a difference depending on sleep or lack thereof. I've found the best product for me personally is the Anew line from Avon. I believe I use Force Extra (silver jar). I've tried a lot of products claiming to help but that's the only one that I've seen a distinct difference.

Some products help to brighten the skin, but if it's strictly a circulatory thing, or you have thin undereye skin, there's not much that can be done. Even if you get laser, there's only a 50% chance of it helping. The best thing to do is to get plenty of exercise, sleep, and drink a lot of water to help circulation along. Also- cold compress. Wrap some ice in a washcloth and hold it under your eyes. It will lighten up the skin by helping your circulation, but only temporarily.

-Sarah

I have the same exact problem, it looks as though i have 2 black eyes.

The dark circles i have are darkest in the corners of my eyes, almost black.

Under my eyes they are also dark but not as bad,I have allergies, thats what mine are caused by.

But mine they never seem to get any lighter or any darker they usualy stay the same color

I have had them all my life, and had a super healthy childhood so it isnt self inflicted. I think life style can play a part to a degree though. Also I have used creams that helped soften them slightly, but nothing has ever done anything for them to a really noticible degree.

concealers are an option, and they can work well. You don't want a normal face concealer though, as they are very drying. There are a few on the market, one from Body Shop is good and a YSL one which I cant recall them name of is even better.

I am really interested in the filler treatment for it, I believe a fat transfer may work well. Has anyone or does anyone know someone whose had it? Ive only read about it as a viable option recently.

One of the doctors that I have been to in Dallas, Texas does fat transfers and injects the fat under the eyes in the dark circle areas. His name is Dr. Kevin McBride if you are interested.

Try Strixaderm. I started using it about 3 days ago and I think I already see some improvements. I use it for discolorations on my cheeks from tca cross and dark circles under my eyes.