Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cocopinoy

Skin Culture Peels

Hello. I was wondering if anyone can post their experiences with Skin Culture Peels. Here is the link if you have not heard of Skin Culture Peels: Skin Culture. For those of you who dont have any experience with Skin Culture Peels, I was wondering if you can post your comments/opinions on the product after viewing the link. Thank You. :D:D

Hi cocopinoy,

I remember reading a huge thread at healthboards.com (no that's not free advertising for you, healthboards!!!!) about Skin Culture Peels.

From what I understand, you do the peels yourself at home, with potency ranging from 2-4 layers of skin that it will take off. Though the web site says you "take on a nice tan" and "face becomes a bit of a blush" when you use the peels, in reality, your face will turn hideously wrinkled, peel off, and regrow in the span of a week. One woman swore by this, though she said that Skin Culture claims it is not for acne scars, even though you figure if you go 4 layers deep, I would hope to hell my scars diminish somewhat :!: :?:

Personally, I would be pretty freaked out doing a deep peel myself. My advice would be to try and contact Skin Culture and see what they have to say; if there are no responses or they are very slow to reply, be concerned. If they do reply, see if they know what they are talking about and ask plenty of questions. This isn't something to fool around with; this is not just a cream you apply on your face, so be careful! Let us know what happens please!!!

Hello. I was wondering if anyone can post their experiences with Skin Culture Peels. Here is the link if you have not heard of Skin Culture Peels: Skin Culture. For those of you who dont have any experience with Skin Culture Peels, I was wondering if you can post your comments/opinions on the product after viewing the link. Thank You.  :D  :D
I have used the skin culture peels 3 times and this was my experience, my skin looked like it was sunburned, but i was able to put makeup on, then it peeled and looked very nice and much clearer. But it does not get rid of scars. The peel just does not go deep enough. It really just sheds the top layer of skin, it was just that my skin just looked less flushed and clearer after the peel. It was one week of down time, where it was noticeable that I was doing something to my skin, but I did like the results. I think it depends on the problem that you are trying to solve as to whether or not you will be satisfied.

Did it seem to help with red spots? I have a few very shallow scars, saucer shaped, do you think it might help with those? Thanks for your help.

jsrogersro5

from looking at the pictures on the skin culture site, it seems like that it does help with red spots. but i wasnt able to tell from the pictures if it helped with shallow scars. people who posted testimonials on the site said it did help with scars.

Hello all,

I used the Skin Culture 4000 (the most potent, and expensive) 6 weeks ago. Alas the results are not in line with their claims. It did indeed make my skin very strange: aged and "diseased" in appearance, for about 4 days. The came the promised peel, which was much more of a flake; then the gradual recovery.

You can rely on it to even out minor hyperpigmentation/tone, but please be wary of it achieving more than that.

My eye now wanders the internet in search of industrial peels...

James

Glad you reported on this, BrittleBones.....Skin Culture peels have been receiving a lot of hype on this and other boards of late. Personally, I marvel that you even went through the whole scary peel process yourself. I wouldn't recommend it on that fact alone.....

4 layers deep and minimal improvement, eh?? Damn, that's tough. At least you saw some improvement in skin tone, though.

brittlebones

you said you were not happy with the skin culture peels. is it because you wanted it to improve your scars and skin culture didnt help at all with improving them ? but im glad to hear it did help even out your skin tone. just as myrl stated earlier, your satisfaction with this product depends on the problem you are trying to solve. im still waiting for more people to post their experiences to see if i should try this peel. can people out there please view the link at the top of the topic and post your comments on this product. i would really appreciate it. thank you :D:D

Thanks for the feedbakc BrittleBones. I was also considering Sin Culture, but after your pricey experiment, and not so good results, I am not sure I wanna go through it. I think one week of downtime is a lot , and people at your workplace might start thinking that you have some dreaded disease or something. You can take 2-3 days of , but staying indoors all the time doesnt sound too appealing unless there is a miracle :D

Thanks,

crushhhh

I tried the strongest Skin Culture peel about 2 years ago. I really, really wanted it to work. It didn't. I peeled a little bit. Nothing like I thought would and at the end of the week I still had clogged pores and pitted scaring (my scaring is mild/mild moderate ice picks)

I would not recomend this product.

Skin Culture peels have screwed up many faces over the years. Maya, a former moderator of this board, called her Skin Culture experience a major disaster. She claimed the product gave her *additional* scars.

I have light purple hyperpigmentation...should I try the culture peel for that...they still haven't written me back answering my question...do glycolic acid peels fix those hyperpigmented spots...i have fair skin fitzpatrick type 2 dry/normal skin

I have light purple hyperpigmentation...should I try the culture peel for that...they still haven't written me back answering my question...do glycolic acid peels fix those hyperpigmented spots...i have fair skin fitzpatrick type 2 dry/normal skin