Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timy

Laser mole removal?

This is the best forum I thought I could ask about. I had a small red mole on my face from broken blood vessels or whatever. I was originally going to have it removed, but the derm told me to look at laser to lighten it up to flesh color. So I went to a lady that does the laser, and she zapped it three times, but said it won't turn flesh color untila couple of weeks. She also mentioned until then it would turn a purple color like its bruised. Well, it's been about 8 hours and the thing still looks exactly the same. Anyone have any experience?

Was this an actual mole, or a red mark left over from acne?

It was an actual mole, although I don't know if its really a "mole" but I've had it since I was 10. Doctor said something like broken blood vessels blah blah. Anyways, the female said once it was zapped in a couple of weeks it should be a flesh color so it blends in with my face color. But it looks like it wasn't even touched...

This is the best forum I thought I could ask about. I had a small red mole on my face from broken blood vessels or whatever. I was originally going to have it removed, but the derm told me to look at laser to lighten it up to flesh color. So I went to a lady that does the laser, and she zapped it three times, but said it won't turn flesh color untila couple of weeks. She also mentioned until then it would turn a purple color like its bruised. Well, it's been about 8 hours and the thing still looks exactly the same. Anyone have any experience?

Do you know what laser she used? If the mole was red from a blood vessel, she probably used V-beam or Pulse Dye laser. Either way, u may need a couple more treatments it's usually 1-3. I had V-beam for blood vessels once, some blood vessels disappear rigt away and some take time, but the area gets swollen. I remember I had red blood spots for like a week under the eyes when the derm used the laser. But then it goes away. As well, it depends on the setting your derm uses.

Do you know what laser she used? If the mole was red from a blood vessel, she probably used V-beam or Pulse Dye laser. Either way, u may need a couple more treatments it's usually 1-3. I had V-beam for blood vessels once, some blood vessels disappear rigt away and some take time, but the area gets swollen. I remember I had red blood spots for like a week under the eyes when the derm used the laser. But then it goes away. As well, it depends on the setting your derm uses.

Thanks for the reply. No, not aware of what type of laser she used. She put a little bit of gel on the mole, then she hit it one time. It felt like someone lighting a match to your face. She said it should only take one time, though, but that if in a couple of weeks it hasnt done anything she'll do it again. It was 85 bucks too. Not sure if any of that helps.

Well, it's now saturday, I got it done on thursday, and I see no change AT ALL.

I had a very small red spot on my cheek. It was slightly raised. I had had it for less than a year. A dermatologist who did laser work told me it was something like a spider hemangioma or something - basically she said it was a small bunch of blood vessels right at the surface of my skin. She zapped it maybe 3 times with a pulsed dye laser I believe. This was a while ago, but if I recall correctly, it felt like having a rubber band snapped on my cheek. She also said it would turn dark and then kind of dry up and go away. Actually, it stayed the same for a bit and then just went away. I'm not sure how long it took, but it was only a short time. I know for sure it was gone in less than 2 weeks. Once again, I just want to stress that this red spot was very small to begin with so it only required a single laser treatment. I was very pleased with the results. Good luck to you!