Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
midknyte

AHA not getting rid of flakes!

ive been using Neutrogena HSFL (with AHA) on my very dry spots (chin and mouth area) for the past few nights in order to get rid of flakes...... but flakes are still there! does it take a long time for AHA to start working? or is it supposed to instantly remove flakes? I KNOW THIS IS BAD.... but i have manually remove the flakes sometimes with cotton or a q-tip cuz it gets sooo bad.... the areas i do "exfoliate" dont seem to break out tho....*knocks on wood* :pray:

well on cheerier note, the AHA seems to have subdued a pimple that was forming on my chin.... it seemed like it was gonna be a nasty one but ended up being a small white head... WOOHOOO! :dance:

and on an even cheerier note.... its the middle of my second week on CSR, and things seem to be going pretty well! :)

I get very, very dry in the same area as well, and I've found that if I only put BP on it once per day, plus use my Eucerin body lotion (which does have oil) as a spot treatment on those spots, my dryness heals much more quickly and I don't breakout. I think a lot of times we forget that overying our skin can also cause acne, so it's really hard to find a good balance.

Good luck!

I get very, very dry in the same area as well, and I've found that if I only put BP on it once per day, plus use my Eucerin body lotion (which does have oil) as a spot treatment on those spots, my dryness heals much more quickly and I don't breakout. I think a lot of times we forget that overying our skin can also cause acne, so it's really hard to find a good balance.

Good luck!

hey i just noticed on your regimen that you stopped eating wheat/gluten... so does that mean you cannot have any carbs like bread, pasta, rice, etc.... plus no meats and dairy either?! thats like nothing left lol... i tried to cut out dairies for about a week and i just couldnt handle it anymore..... i have cut out meats for months at a time but i dont remember seeing any difference in my face by cutting meat alone.

anyways best of luck and thanks for ur input! ill consider lowering my BP dosage when iam COMPLETELY clear (hopefully in a month or so)

Neutrogena HSFL is a very potent AHA moisturizer. Using it on already dry skin will actually make the skin drier and flakier, so you'll have to find something that moisturizes your skin to use with the Neutrogena. I know my skin was flaking when I started using Neutrgona HSFL, and I kept using more and more until it was cracking and actually bleeding. I then stopped and found a happy medium of Cetaphil and Neutrogena, and it's worked for me for months.

yea, I agree with Superfly,

NHSFL is pretty strong. You should not be using it in the beginning of the Regimen. It is something you can try after a month or so, but I would not use it this soon.

Try using Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (or the Walmart Equate version) and that should help with the flaking. Some people alternate the two and find a happy medium that way.