Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zit

Foods making me break out

I didn't read everything very carefully now so someone might already have written it, but anyway.

you are into your second week of the regimen, that's a week where many people break out. I too did that. So it might be the food, and it might not be.

I messed around with my diet to see if it had an effect on my skin and in the end I gave up cos I couldnt be bothered with missing all my favourite foods!!! I dont think that I noticed any changes in my skin wile doing this.

The thing is, before my skin started to get screwed up with breakouts and what not I never used to pay any attention to what I ate anywayz. All through school and college I had great skin and I used to eat so much fast food and drink coffee and "bad" stuff all the time. So nowdays I just eat and drink whatever!

This is a really mysterious topic. I too, like others, used to have 'perfect' skin between the ages of 13-18. During that time I would do really nasty stuff, like eat cake frosting straight from the container.

Only later in my life did I have real trouble with acne. I wish there was a test to see what foods bother the skin. I know for sure large amounts of pizza is super bad. And I am learning from these boards about cheeses and milk. I have been on the regimen for around 2 1/2 - 3 months, and its has been working great.

I just now had a breakout after 3+ weeks of being clear. When I felt it coming in, it was like being hit by a car. I could not believe it was coming back. So now I am really looking closely at the foods I am eating. Perhaps its the buildup of 20+ years of punishing my body with toxins. Maybe thats why now I'm struggling with acne. It's hard to be 100% sure when it takes months/years to witness 'natural' changes (food, exercise, etc.) that have been made to clear up the skin.

Anyway...the battle continues. Good luck to all

Well, I didn't eat a single dairy product for like 3 months when I had acne and that didn't do shit but make me miss out on Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Ice Cream and all the other goodies. After 3 months I said enough was enough and I ate all the dairy products and still am eating all the dairy products I can. I don't have a single zit on my face.

Its the toxins that these harmful foods produce. It is your livers job to help detoxify your body and rid it of toxins by flushing them out, one primary way of this is urination. The reason people get acne is because their liver cannot handle so much at a time so these hormones and toxins leak back into the blood stream, which means the body needs to use the secondary methods of removing toxins - through the skin. It annoys me when these people who eat whatever they damnwell want and don't even do anything with their face like properly wash it, don't have a single spot on their face. This is mainly because these people's liver is stronger and able to handle more at a time, it's just the way it is i'm afraid. There are ways of helping strengthen and enlarge the liver but it is quite a challenge. Tell's you all about it at acnenomore.com (btw no i'm not from acnenomore.com and i'm not tryign to get people to buy it). But it's the cure for acne. If yiou havn't grown out of it and still getting acne at 30+ years then i would definately consider tryimng it out.

I don't think it's anything to do with "toxins", whatever they are. The culprits in breaking people out are usually fatty foods like chocolate, cakes and junk food. These foods are unhealthy anyway, full of bad fat (unlike for example fish and advocado which are full of good fat) so you can't go wrong by avoiding them. It's not really surprising when you think about the relationship between acne and skin oil. If you each too much fat some of it is going to come out of your pores.

Hi i would like to ask a question

I have been on Dans gel regimen for 2 weeks and it was working really well until yesterday when i broke out with 7 pimples.

I ate 4 pieces of pizza and 2 milk shakes.

Now my questions is, could this break out be from the food i ate the day before.

They say it takes 3 weeks for a pimple to form.

So could eating really oily and bad food the next day break me out the following day ?? or are these pimples from the previous 2 weeks that just came out.

Could the bad food of made the pimples come out faster ??

Also the Resigme says there is a small break out on week 2 maby that is it

Any help would be good.

There is no direct scientific facts linking food to acne. Acne is a genetic defect u r born with food doesnt come into the equation.

That is scientific fact btw.

HONESTLY. There is an advert were all this babes rub MILK and YOUGuRT ALL OVER THERE BODY.

These are like pimpless, hot babes, they even say milk is good for you skin. Trust me stop being paranoid and eat whatever you want.

HONESTLY. There is an advert were all this babes rub MILK and YOUGuRT ALL OVER THERE BODY.

These are like pimpless, hot babes, they even say milk is good for you skin. Trust me stop being paranoid and eat whatever you want.

THANK YOU.

People you can honestly eat anything u want, granted i would eat healthy just to be healthy and this will help with your complextion but not your acne.

Thought I'd put my own point of view in here.....

My background: I'm a registered clinical biomedical scientist working in blood science for the NHS in England.

Firstly a common misconception - a lack of scientific data does not mean that something doesn't happen. It just means we don't have proof of it (yet).

E.g. there's no scientific data that proves I love my girlfriend, but I do.

What you eat MOST DEFINATELY causes changes within your blood. You eat fatty food, your blood becomes fatty. I can tell from the blood specimens I receive whether a patient is obese or not. Certain lab tests can reveal how much sugar you've been eating over the last 3 months. I can tell whether an alcoholic patient has been drinking over the last week or so, etc

Blood runs very close to the surface of the skin on the face, so whatever is in your blood (fat, sugar, glycerides etc) will come into contact with pores to some degree.

If you have a genetic succeptibility to form spots with certain compunds that are found in milk/pizza, then it's more than resonable to assume that introducing these compounds to your blood system through ingestion, could be the cause of your acne. There's no scientific data on this, sure, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

However, this does not explain why acne is mostly limited to the face. E.g. why do people not get acne on the legs, stomach, palms etc. There must be something unique about facial skin/pores. I don't know the answer to this - I'm a blood scientist not a skin scientist! :)

So should we avoid some foods? I say no. It might just be that whatever causes acne is found in all foods (e.g. basic sugars or fats). So you'd have to stop eating food altogether!

It is much more sensible to eat a full and varied diet without cutting out important food groups. Your overall general health is much more important than getting rid of a few harmless spots.

If, however, you can pinpoint the EXACT cause of your acne, e.g. peanuts, chocolate, etc.....then avoid them, sure. But if you know that 'all fruit' causes your acne, It'd be a great mistake to stop eating all fruit.

Yer i find whenever i drink alke i have a few zits the next day. I AM OFFICIALLY stopping all junk food and just eating fruits and healthy food! I have finally identified my triggers as PIZZA and Milkshakes!

I have been struggling with acne for years. It's always been mild, but it is very consistant.

I have had roaccutane / Chemical peels / Blue light / BP treatments / Proactive

Nothing seems to stop the pimples from coming back

I have also tried $900 worth of products that really made my skin look alot better, but did not stop the pimples.

I hope dans resume works well because i am about to get a shotgun i am so over it :)

I didn't read everything very carefully now so someone might already have written it, but anyway.

you are into your second week of the regimen, that's a week where many people break out. I too did that. So it might be the food, and it might not be.

Well im just pissed off cos igotta meet this girl i like this weekend and it was all going good until that damm pizza and milkshakes

Consider dropping the crappy foods from your diet next time, if not for your skin, for your general health. It's not unbenknownst to most that pizza/milkshakes/hamburgers/french fries are not the utmost nutritous foods. Next time you want to meet a hot chick, not only will you have clear skin, but you won't be fat! ;):angel:

I thought hot chicks loved fat guys who eat greasy pizza and milkshakes. two negatives don't make a positive.

Pizza is amazing. I would rather have a huge scar on my forehead than not be able to eat pizza. It's a staple. Maybe try a smoothie instead of a milkshake get some fruit in there. BLAST!!! ARGHHH YEEE pizza and milkshakes jah DUNN IT AGaine!!!!!

I AM OFFICIALLY stopping all junk food and just eating fruits and healthy food! I have finally identified my triggers as PIZZA and Milkshakes!

:lol: yahahahahhaaaaa im sorry, idk why this is funny. maybe because the thought of eating pizza and washing it down with a milkshakes sounds disgusting and yet strangely enticing as well.

If you see something break you out, just don't eat it. Dairy is great with me, but high frucose corn syrup is my nemesis.

Eating healthy is generally a good idea, regardless of what it does to your skin.

Its the toxins that these harmful foods produce. It is your livers job to help detoxify your body and rid it of toxins by flushing them out, one primary way of this is urination. The reason people get acne is because their liver cannot handle so much at a time so these hormones and toxins leak back into the blood stream, which means the body needs to use the secondary methods of removing toxins - through the skin. It annoys me when these people who eat whatever they damnwell want and don't even do anything with their face like properly wash it, don't have a single spot on their face. This is mainly because these people's liver is stronger and able to handle more at a time, it's just the way it is i'm afraid. There are ways of helping strengthen and enlarge the liver but it is quite a challenge. Tell's you all about it at acnenomore.com (btw no i'm not from acnenomore.com and i'm not tryign to get people to buy it). But it's the cure for acne. If yiou havn't grown out of it and still getting acne at 30+ years then i would definately consider tryimng it out.

BINGO! Harmful foods are toxic and you're hurting your poor liver by eating them. Some people just show the side affects (like acne) stronger than others. I gave in and bought the acnenomore.com plan. I'm exactly one week into it and I'm already AMAZED by the results. My skin is starting to glow and it's much softer. Also, I haven't had a single major new zit all week. Before, I'd be battling at least one giant zit daily. The only thing I use on my face now is a tea tree oil wash and some Aveeno moisturizer, thus minimal dryness, minimal peeling, old scars may be healing quicker too. I got my first pimple when I was 10. Have gone through many many over the counter products, 4 years of Proactiv, and about a month of the CSR. Changing my diet seems to finally be the solution. For many people, it may not be enough to simply cut back on fast food, or eat a few more veggies, to notice a huge effect on their acne because if you're like me then your body is probably so full of toxins at this point that it will take a pretty intense diet change to notice a difference. I can't battle scientific evidence or anything, but from my perspective what you eat DEFINATELY plays a part in acne.

Also I too am not from acnenomore.com, I'm just a new customer of theirs. And don't get me wrong as I bought Dan's cleanser and BP about a month ago and I completely respect his regimen. My face just didn't agree with a full finger of BP and I broke out in huge bumps I've never had in the past before all the BP.