Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ProfFrink

How do ppl react when they see you?

People usually on the train won't sit next to me. Most of the time, they'll just keep staring in my direction. But, as always, I have no choice on the matter so they will continue to stare and gock until they either leave or I get up and leave.

It's very difficult to understand the people and their body language because 99% of them are females and they continue to just stare as if I'm dying of AIDS or something.

I can't resolve their issues with me other than keeping my head bow down very low. :(

People usually on the train won't sit next to me. Most of the time, they'll just keep staring in my direction. But, as always, I have no choice on the matter so they will continue to stare and gock until they either leave or I get up and leave.

It's very difficult to understand the people and their body language because 99% of them are females and they continue to just stare as if I'm dying of AIDS or something.

I can't resolve their issues with me other than keeping my head bow down very low. :(

Well if their staring they have a prob cause u dont look bad. Not nearly bad enough to stare at at all.

I think that the longer I have had acne the more paranoid I have become about people starring at me, I think that people are looking at me all the time, even if they are not...or are they...

seriously though, it is difficult when you are in crowded places that are well lt up, like on public transport. As for people who I talk to having wandering eyes around my face, only really new people I meet or havent seen for ages, my friends that I see on a regualr occurance already know my acne so they dont stare

I feel like they are laughing at me :cry:

I'm told it's because I'm paranoid and insecure

I think that everyone is watching me and making fun of me :doubt:

At work I can't tell if a customer is smiling because they are happy or because I look so bad that it's funny.

And sometimes if a group of people or a couple come up to the counter and then kind of smile and look away like they are trying not to laugh i feel like melting into the floor :confused: I don;t like being around a lot of people. Especially up close :|

I don't think anyone really cares but me. I'm the only one who actually reacts badly to my facial problems, everybody else doesn't really care or think twice. I only -think- people care but they probably don't. People have their own problems, they don't care about my face. The only reason I want to clear up is for myself, so I can look in the mirror and like what I see, not so much for other people.

-Sarah

some people look at me sad sort of pitifully (dickface realitives that should fucking snuff themselves) uh

a lot of girls look at me, but when I look at them they look away pretty quickly.

a lot of people have no problem breaking eye contact, and act normal.

uh some older guys look at me like im some kind of punk

I feel like they are laughing at me :cry:

I'm told it's because I'm paranoid and insecure

I think that everyone is watching me and making fun of me :doubt:

At work I can't tell if a customer is smiling because they are happy or because I look so bad that it's funny.

And sometimes if a group of people or a couple come up to the counter and then kind of smile and look away like they are trying not to laugh i feel like melting into the floor :confused: I don;t like being around a lot of people. Especially up close :|

damn i feel the same way most of the time too!!!!!!!!!!!

I have heavy moderate acne I guess it would be described as. I don't really get people staring or anything like that, if they do I just stare back at them and smile... I've been called ugly once, about 4 years ago I guess when my acne was at it's peak. It hurt, but I got my own crews to back me up.

Not to sound conceited or anything, more of a push to everyone on this board to forget about their acne, I have a lot of friends and confidence. Fake it till you make it. I act confident in everything I do (well, try to). Become the centre of the party, control everything, let everyone have a good look at you. I party like crazy and know a lot of people in town due to it. If anyone has a serious rip at my acne (rarely EVER happens) then I know I got my boys to have my back. I know fights and stuff are stupid, but I'm a small-framed guy with acne, so I think I have a reason to have my 100kg clear guys to back me up. Because of this I never cop flak ever. Most people are so accepting of it, it's nothing. I talk openly about my acne with a heap of friends. What topicals I'm using as of late, how effective each have been and stuff. It's the same as a weight problem that I'll talk about with friends of mine that are fat.

I guess what I'm getting at is, FORGET the acne. Do your topicals and such, it's all you can do. Get out and party and noone notices. Life is what you make it.

When you're laying in your casket at the end, you want your soul to smile. No regrets. Acne makes you stronger. If we can party and be social WITH acne, imagine our lives when we become clear. The thought makes me smile.

i get stares

like all the time, because my face makes me look like i have measles/chicken pox or whatnot

and i stare back

they run away

yea right :D

i just have that effect on people what can i say :D (im just joking around of course)

i know what you mean, sometimes it's good to joke around, just to forget about our problems sometimes even though it can be temporary :dance:

they run away

yea right :D

i just have that effect on people what can i say :D (im just joking around of course)

i know what you mean, sometimes it's good to joke around, just to forget about our problems sometimes even though it can be temporary :dance:

my thoughts exactly, try not to care too much what other people think when they see you, they just come and go anyway, thats my filosophy