Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dis anyone else here get off accutane and think to themselves. The acne is gone (for now) but for some reason My skin doesnt look rite. The thought that accutane caused some skin damage haunts my mind.

Dis anyone else here get off accutane and think to themselves. The acne is gone (for now) but for some reason My skin doesnt look rite. The thought that accutane caused some skin damage haunts my mind.

yup yup. had the same thoughts after 2nd session. now on my 3rd session of tane. guess my fears was real :wall::wall:

I just finished my first (hopefully last) course of accutane. My skin is still dry, it's only been one week since I finished. To be honest, even if my skin stayed this dry I still prefer it over having cysts on my face. The funny thing is that my niece had not seen me in 3 mos. and two days ago she looked at me and said wow your skin looks great. You have Accuface! She then said that she has seen so many of her friends take accutane with great results but that she can always recognize when someone has done accutane. I asked her why and she said "your skin looks different, I can't explain it but I can always tell who has accuface." I guess my point is that you may be right that the skin is different after accutane. So far so good for me, I like it :D

Good luck to all!

Ang

i think it may be as much an aspect of having now almost clear skin when you are so used to seeing only the imperfections.

Friends who i hadnt seen untill i was post the treatment commented on how well my skin looked. If you skin has been bad enough to warrent the drug, then there will be a certain degree of scaring which is going to mean that the tonal clarity is not the same as someone who has had enviable skin all their lives.

I do sometimes suspect that i can see changes in my skin from it, perhaps a thinnerness, perhaps slightly more prone to redness.

But i know one thing for sure, its a hell of a lot better than being covered in the active spots and fading marks i had before.

Accutane is not a first line approach, and the possibility of having such after effects is part of the consideration.

I plan on having a series on intensive peels and treatments, maybe even some laser resurfacing, but presently just letting my skin calm down.

I personally found that my skins texture had worsened. Anyone notice anything like that? Almost 4years later And I still do get acne just not the huge red pustules anymore just a bunch of little red ones. Ive been using dans regimen at night. Im not going out with 2 layers of creams on my face. Never though id be approachin 21 and still dealing with acne.

I cant really envisage what you are describing. My skin way looks better (although granted I am only about half way through the course). It is on the dry side, but I am assuming that will improve when I am off the drug. The only difference I notice is s firegurl says - I can now see what (slight) scarring I have. I couldn't see it before because it was hidden under acne.

Do you have any kind of skincare regime - I don't mean layering up on lots of useless creams, but just taking care of your skin - i.e. exfoliating gently occassionally; moisturising with a non-comedogenic moisturiser; drinking water; eating a moderately healthy diet etc etc

I think it seems different to me after ACcutane because...

A: I no longer have pimples

B: Now I see more age lines on myself...because my acne used to hide it.

C: I see more scarring now...because my acne used to hide it..lol

But I will never complain. I love my skin now. I don't have those horrid cysts and pimples. Not to mention I no longer have the pain or itching from them. Thank goodness.

Your results are amazing! I hope Accutane works that well for me :D

My skin was awfully rough when i finished this course, but after a couple weeks of Green Cream use, that roughness peeled off and the skin underneath is much smoother. I can still see red marks from the acne (well, they have faded to something more like pink marks now ;) ) , and i certainly don't have amazing skin or anything, but compared to a face full of nodulocystic acne i can't complain. My scarring is now visible when before it was hidden by all that active acne, but it's not too bad. I think i'm the only one that notices it and i try not to obsess. On the other hand, the skin on my back which was covered from shoulders to waist with papular acne and the occasional mammoth cyst is now positively glowing and perfectly smooth.