Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

However I think there's some interpretation required in that verse... for one thing He said that before the original sin, and for another seeds are largely symbolic in the Bible... not literal (in my opinion). But let's not debate religion. Interesting information about black seeds, there. Glad they're working for you, taghiyawat.

I agree - that verse was before the original sin. I think that perhaps things have changed since then and that some animal products are possibly necessary. I eat very small amounts of animal products though and follow the dietary lines of the Old Testament. In the Bible, meat was mainly eaten during celebrations - it was not a big part of their diets. I mainly eat whole, unprocessed foods like leafy greens, fruits, vegetables, nuts/seeds, beans/legumes, and clean, hormone/pesiticide free meats (most fish) and dairy (mostly unpasteurized cheese, yogurt, and eggs).

hey spitfire! You can get the skin by peeling it out of a fresh pomegranate fruit and crush it together with the other ingredients. if you google "pomegranate" you will also find out that aside from the high antioxidant capacity of the seeds, the skin of pomegranate is also packed with healing powers that's why i use all parts of the pomegranate when making my anti-acne concoction. i'm now 27 and for the past 13 years, i have used a lot of over the counter, chemical-filled unguents as a result my skin became dull for my age. i read during my googling session that pomegranate oil rejuvenates & strengthens the skin, it was even said to be effective in curing or preventing skin cancer. so i guess i'm gonna add a few drops of it to my formula. knowledge is power, with the internet, it's easy to find info about something, it's up to us to utilize it.

hi independent thinker! same here. i also prefer veges to meat and i have no plans of going straight vegan. i read somewhere that we also need some nutrients from meat like B12 if I'm not mistaken which is not present in veges. about the bible verse, correct me if i'm wrong but i think i heard the priest say during my catechism that the stuffs in the OLD testament was sort of renewed in the NEW testament and with the coming of Jesus - the son of God. so in my understanding, the stuffs in the old testament like burning sweet incense to please God or sacrificing a lamb to please God was sort of placed into the right direction by the examples of jesus. in the new testament, we could notice that pleasing god no longer depends on superficiality of burning incense or sacrifing the lamb. pleasing God was deepened by the examples of his son who mingled with sinners, helped the grieving, loved the unlovable. so basically i think (but don't take my word for it) that there has been a sort of paradigm shift. old notions was corrected and placed into the right direction. i think you are right independent thinker.

hey spitfire! You can get the skin by peeling it out of a fresh pomegranate fruit and crush it together with the other ingredients. if you google "pomegranate" you will also find out that aside from the high antioxidant capacity of the seeds, the skin of pomegranate is also packed with healing powers that's why i use all parts of the pomegranate when making my anti-acne concoction. i'm now 27 and for the past 13 years, i have used a lot of over the counter, chemical-filled unguents as a result my skin became dull for my age. i read during my googling session that pomegranate oil rejuvenates & strengthens the skin, it was even said to be effective in curing or preventing skin cancer. so i guess i'm gonna add a few drops of it to my formula. knowledge is power, with the internet, it's easy to find info about something, it's up to us to utilize it.

hi independent thinker! same here. i also prefer veges to meat and i have no plans of going straight vegan. i read somewhere that we also need some nutrients from meat like B12 if I'm not mistaken which is not present in veges. about the bible verse, correct me if i'm wrong but i think i heard the priest say during my catechism that the stuffs in the OLD testament was sort of renewed in the NEW testament and with the coming of Jesus - the son of God. so in my understanding, the stuffs in the old testament like burning sweet incense to please God or sacrificing a lamb to please God was sort of placed into the right direction by the examples of jesus. in the new testament, we could notice that pleasing god no longer depends on superficiality of burning incense or sacrifing the lamb. pleasing God was deepened by the examples of his son who mingled with sinners, helped the grieving, loved the unlovable. so basically i think (but don't take my word for it) that there has been a sort of paradigm shift. old notions was corrected and placed into the right direction. i think you are right independent thinker.

We are meant to be occassional meat eaters.