Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Melbourne! You have no idea how excited I was when I read this post.

I just discovered something really great to add into my anti-acne arsenal.

Have you heard about black seeds? Scientific name is Nigella Sativa.

In the Muslim world they call it "habbah al barahkat" .

Their prophet, Mohammad (PBUH although I am Christian) called this seed as

a "cure for any disease except death."

Now, i thought, their most revered prophet would not say something like that if

it will just ruin his reputation right? So, I gave it a try. In one of their "local recipes",

a cure for acne calls for :

- black seed oil

- pomegranate skin

- apple cider vinegar

When I read the apple cider vinegar in the list of ingredients, it rang a bell on my

head. Didn't some guys here got good results from apple cider vinegar?

I'm one of them and I'm constantly looking for ways to perfect my anti-acne

arsenal. Anyways, according to the recipe, you should mix all the ingredients together

and apply it on the infected skin. I don't have a black seed oil but I did found a jar

of ground black seed sold in a market here in the gulf. I mixed them all. The ground

black seed is reallly blaaack! So when you apply it before bed time, it's like you have

a mud pack on your face.

I must say that I AM LOVING THIS FORMULA!!! Can't tell

you how happy I am with this discovery. If I use apple cider vinegar alone, my skin

gets dull when I wake up in the morning but with this formula, I end up having a

healthy looking skin and no acne.

I wish this is it - the secret formula that I've been searching for.

Anyways. google "black seeds" or "nigella sativa" and you will see how

promising this seed is.

By the way, that quote is indeed true. God is so good he gave mother nature to us.

Published Scientific Reports confirm that

Black Seed has an astounding array of health benefits

Increases immune function.

~ U.S. Patents Sections, Antiviral Agents Bulletin #5,482,711 A pharmaceutical composition containing an extract of the plant Nigella saliva is disclosed in U.S. Pat. No. 5,482,711 for increasing the immune functions in humans

Black seed stimulates bone marrow and immune cells and raises the interferon production, protects normal cells against cell destroying effects of viruses, destroys tumor cells and raises the number of anti-bodies producing B cells.

~ Cancer Immuno-biology Laboratory ,South Carolina

Black seed contains valuable unsaturated fatty acids, for example Linoleic and Gammalinolen acids get into the organism. By that it possible to reach a synthesis of important immune regulating substances derived as from Prostaglandin E1. Linoleic acid stabilizes the cell membranes and Prostaglandin has the effect of inhibiting inflammation. By that the immune reactions are stopped which cause the illnesses and which otherwise could be the start of many chronic illnesses like acne and hayfever right up to cancer.

~ Dr. Peter Schleicher Immunologist, Munich, Germany

Black seed proves to have an ant histamine, ant-oxidant, anti-biotic, anti-mycotic and broncho-dilating effect.

~ Study of Black seed oil on humans, American Scientists

Black seed is truly a remarkable herb that has been used for over 3000 years. It contains over 100 valuable components. It is a significant source of essential fatty acids, proteins, carbohydrates and other vitamins and minerals." The seeds are also rich in sterols, especially beta-sitosterol, which is known to have anticarcinogenic activity".

~ Dr. Michael Tierra L.AC. O.M.D

Black seed tests prove to be genuine universal remedy.

~ Pharmaceutical newspaper, Wissenschaftlicher Text

Black seed is a valuable source of protein, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, C and niacin as well as minerals such as calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, selenium, magnesium and zinc.

~ Phytochemicals of Nigella sativa seeds. Food Chemistry

And God said: let there be acne. 20:06

I'm not catholic or anything so I don't know how the whole numbers thing works.

:lol: Gen. 1:29 means "Book of Genesis Chapter One Verse 29" It's basically an index reference number... Every verse in the Bible has one.

However I think there's some interpretation required in that verse... for one thing He said that before the original sin, and for another seeds are largely symbolic in the Bible... not literal (in my opinion). But let's not debate religion. Interesting information about black seeds, there. Glad they're working for you, taghiyawat.

Guest ThereIsHope

Too bad we don't have a healing spring of water like the river Jordan in the New Testement Jesus told the man with leprosey to bathe in. I'm sure it would cure acne! :D

Too bad we don't have a healing spring of water like the river Jordan in the New Testement Jesus told the man with leprosey to bathe in. I'm sure it would cure acne! :D

That'd be freakin' awesome!

Guest ThereIsHope

Well, I suppose we could catch a plane to Israel but I doubt thats the smartest thing to do at the moment, even with moderately severe acne. :confused:

Actually, many said that Dead Sea Salts heal warts and open sores, so why not acne? The dirt (clay) from Dead Sea costs a fortune.

Well, I suppose we could catch a plane to Israel but I doubt thats the smartest thing to do at the moment, even with moderately severe acne. :confused:

My new acne cure - selling 50,000 air tickets to Israel.

just playing devil's advocate, didn't God also say to go and sacrifice animals and all that jazz?

That was back then. This is now.

What???? That doesn't even make sense... The good book wasn't rewritten to accomodate modern technology... if you're going to take everything in it literally you have to be consistent about it.

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. Gen. 1:29

Why? What is the purpose of this quote?

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. Gen. 1:29

I want to know Absaloms regime.

2 Samuel 14:25

"In all Israel there was not a man so highly praised for his handsome appearance as Absalom. From the top of his head to the sole of his foot there was no blemish in him."

Where do you get black seeds from?

You get them as capsules supplements, or buy bulk anf local Indian/Chiense store. Ask for Blakc CUmin Seed

I want to know Absaloms regime.

2 Samuel 14:25

"In all Israel there was not a man so highly praised for his handsome appearance as Absalom. From the top of his head to the sole of his foot there was no blemish in him."

2 Samuel 14:26

"Yet, Absalom had a secret weapon for his good looks. It was called Accutane, but no one knew about it in his village, because Michael J Fox brought to him from the future."

jk jk

Hi there Mara, Asher, Shanuea, Thereishope....everybody!

I posted a close up photo of raw black seed and the ground

black seed. Hope this will help you identify when you came

across this stuff.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I actually found rooibos tea with black cumin seeds yesterday. :dance:

Gonna try to get my hands on some raw seeds to mix with my jojoba oil.

I think there's also a black seed oil being sold in the market.

That's what I'm gonna experiment next.

So far I'm loving the "mud pack" black seed.

Can't go to bed without 'em. :dance:

I'm wondering what will be the effect if I mix black seed oil,

pomegranate oil and neroli oil? Hmmm...

Let's see. :think:

Seven, I think it's effective if you apply the black seed

on your skin. Try to ground it and mix with apple cider

vinegar, ground seed + skin of pomegranate.

I hope it will do the magic to you too. ;)