Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, this is my first post to these forums.

I tried the acne cure because many of you reported success with it.

I just wanted to say that the acne cure (by Mr Dubrow) did not noticably improve my moderate acne. (It did, however, improve skin texture).

Details of what I did, are posted below.

If you find anything that could have hindered the so-called cure, then please reply.

PRODUCTS I USED:

(I live in Norway, so it was hard to find the right products)

1. 2 % salicylic acid solution

(it says on the back that it also contains ethanol, to stop bacteria).

2. M.D. Formulations Glycare Lotion

(14% glycolic acid)

3. 4 % Benzoyl Peroxide (Brevoxyl)

4. Thalgo Vitaminized Re-balancing Cream (oily skin)

WHAT I DID:

(don't know exactly when I started, but it's been at least 4 weeks)

Morning:

1. Put 2% SA on cotton pad. Apply to face. Rinse away after 2 minutes.

2. Put GA solution on cotton pad. Apply to face. Rinse away after 2 min.

3. Put on the Thalgo moisturizer.

Night:

1. Put 2% SA on cotton pad. Apply to face. Rinse away after 4 minutes.

2. Run ice cube across 1/3 of face. Dry slightly and quickly with a towel. Apply BP. Repeat for the other 2 parts.

3. Lay down in bed with 2 ice packs (?) for 10 minutes.

(I don't know if what I use, are really ice packs. It's plastic bags which you fill with water to make ice cubes. I put them in the fridge, then in the freezer 1 hour before I use them. They are then very cold water, but not ice. This lets them wrap around my face.)

4 mins? you crazy? The First 2 steps have to be on your skin longer then that. Thats why you havent seen improvment. *i think* Well its my 3rd day and im breaking out, i had this period. But i think this may actually work for me.

Use an oil-free lotion instead. Cream moisturizers contains thickning ingredients that can really clog pores. Also try to find a 2% salicylic acid cleanser/solution without any alcohol such as ethanol.

Thanks for your replies.

Turksoldier; The regimen says to leave the SA on for about as long as you brush your teeth, which is 2-3 mins.

Are you on the cure yourself?

I started trying with a Neutrogena oil free moisturizer today.

Maybe I can find a SA without alcohol -but do you really think these small differences would make my acne go away?

turksoldier you are wrong. you leave the products on for 2 to 3 minutes. that's what it states in the book.

the trend with the acne cure i'm seeing is that, people either get clear with it or break out horribly. there is no in between from what i've seen.

It's important to find SA without alcohol because alcohol irritates the skin and is in no way helpful against acne.

blahblah:

I guess I'm one of the few exceptions then. I haven't broken out horribly, and I haven't had a big improvement. My acne is about the same as before.

Kareto: It says on the back of the bottle that the ethanol works against bacteria. I could try to find SA without it, but I don't think it's likely that my acne would suddenly improve alot after I leave out the ethanol. Do you?

(My skin is not very irritated)

Ethanol might destroy the bacteria but it slows your skin's healing process, making your skin less resistance against bacteria growth. Like I mentioned in my above post, any type of alcohol does not fight acne better than without.