Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey...this might sound strange but I know it works for me. The day after I have a few beers (Miller High Life)...I notice no new zits and the old acne seems to flare down...anyone else notice this?

hell...I am breakin out tonight...maybe I should through one down just to test it!!!

i think its because it takes away your stress and you dont worry about anything. and when you go to bed that night...or pass out, you arent stressing over something that you gotta do the following day so you get a nice no stress sleep.

also has loads of the b vitamins.. I don't know specifically that it contains B5, but.. Like others said, it does make tons of water flush out of you and I do notice it makes my skin noticeably clearer too.

when people take B5 religiously, what they don't know is that you need to take a vitamin complex to actually process it.

I''ve definatly noticed that beer helps clear my skin. I'm a heavy drinker, nights I dont drink I wake up oily with small red marks. Nights I drink a good deal I wake up with perfectly clear skin, no need to even wash the ol' face.

ive just seen this post and wanna say... that it might seem that the day after gettin wasted your skin seems clear but then a few days later it does give you more spots!

It is true BEER DOES clear Acne....atleast mine.

Why Though???

Does it dehydrate your skin...less oil???

or like mbkcd said...is it the B vitamins???

or is it that Beer contains lots of enzymes and bacteria that benifit your digestive system???

If beer cleared acne..... Id turn a alcoholic!

Piso...might not clear up yours.... or the person next to you

It clears up mine though and I'd be willing to bet that it clears up others as well

Not all acne is the same... and not all acne has the same cause

I drink cider only, and I notice the morning after a few pints my skin feels good and looks unusually clear - alchohol certainly does something.. it contains lots of tri-glycerides which accutane contains also ?

err.. Beer is not Accutane. You guys are trying WAY too hard.

Alcohol is a dehydrater. It dries up your face, it's as simple as. That's why if you drink a load of water before you go to bed after a night of being really drunk then you don't wake up with a hangover..

But if you were to get sloshed on a load of alcopops or something sugary then i'd suggest you'd make your acne worse.

i dont think beer is good for acne nor is it bad.

it does contain good things ect. .. but the thing that makes acne worse is not the beer its the place your drinking biggrin.gif

example

PUB

nice and calm talking etc

CLUBS

constantly moving (dancing)

sweating due to the heat biggrin.gif

touching you face because your sweating biggrin.gif and drunk so you always suffer from this :snooty: <-- looks like rubbing face animation biggrin.gif

the air is full with smoke from various things

you get my drift? surprised.gif

maybe beer reduces inflammation. like right when you wake up in the morning and your face feels refreshed? well, i get the same feeling with my face after drinking. it's just a little temporary side-effect of alcohol. nothing worth wowing about.

Yea i pounded like 8 beers last night and when i woke up my face was notacibly clearer. I have noticed this before when ive been drinking and i think that beer does help in someway which way i dont know but...it might not work for all people

Alcohol is a dehydrater.  It dries up your face, it's as simple as.  That's why if you drink a load of water before you go to bed after a night of being really drunk then you don't wake up with a hangover..

Yes! I noticed I have noticeably clear(er) skin the next day when I drink...and feels smoother too! But about a week later, it starts breaking out. *sigh*