Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
speckle

Just bought a pack of biore pore strips..

Is there any special way of using these?

For example, should i steam my face before i use them.

oh, and can i use them for my forehead as well?

u may break out .. bc the gunk that are on those strips get put into ur pores as the strip is sitting on ur nose .. so i always wake up with little red white heads on my nose bc of those strips.

I have some in my room but have never used them... maybe I will....

I'll update with how it goes hehe

I use these for my nose, which isnt prone to acne but rather black heads and oil build-up. They work great if you use them every now and then. Just make sure to wash your face with hot water first so that the pores open up more and wash with cold water after taking the strip off to shrink them.

ya i just used it last night - works great for me :dance: my nose was red for about 10 minutes, but then it went away - i guess it varies for each person :think:

just make sure you wet your nose fully and slab that sucker on for at least 15 min. i actually leave it on to about 20-25 minutes just so that it hardens nicely.

i think there are strips that work for your face, but i'm pretty sure those are essentially the same as the nose strips. good luck! :D

ya i just used it last night - works great for me :dance: my nose was red for about 10 minutes, but then it went away - i guess it varies for each person :think:

just make sure you wet your nose fully and slab that sucker on for at least 15 min. i actually leave it on to about 20-25 minutes just so that it hardens nicely.

i think there are strips that work for your face, but i'm pretty sure those are essentially the same as the nose strips. good luck! :D

lol you're not supposed to leave it on for more than 15 minutes, thats probably why you got red. I made the same mistake the first time I used it and the strip got too hard.

I have to leave it on for 20-25 minutes or it doesn't work, and even then it only works on my chin, not on my nose.

lol you're not supposed to leave it on for more than 15 minutes, thats probably why you got red. I made the same mistake the first time I used it and the strip got too hard.

They did work for me, because when you pul it off of your nose, you can see that the bleckheads are actually on the strip...but on the nose remain the little holes, you know... They can's be seen, but they usually refill in 2 days...So, the advantages you get from it are only temporarly.

A waste of money if you ask me, they're only ever going to remove the top part of a blackhead and leave the remaining 80% behind.

i also think that they are a waste of money. i've tried different brands of nose strips, including biore, and i do wake up with tiny whiteheads on my nose the next day. also, the blackheads always come back -- there's no way those strips pull out everything from the pore.

plus, they're not combatting the reason for getting blackheads, so you will still get them.

also i don't think that thing with different temps of water to open and close pores actually works? i've heard you CAN'T open and close pores. pores are always open because that's how your skin breathes, right? if they're closed, that's because of a clog, right?

the original biore strips did nothing for me. the ultra works quite nicely though. rips out a lot more gunk. i like to steam then use queen helene mint julep mask before the strips. and as morpho said, pores are always open. but it seems plausible to me that you could loosen them up a bit with a little heat.

also i don't think that thing with different temps of water to open and close pores actually works? i've heard you CAN'T open and close pores. pores are always open because that's how your skin breathes, right? if they're closed, that's because of a clog, right?

Yes I'm not sure about the opening and closing thing...except the only thing I can think of is how you get goosebumps when it's cold. So that could be a reason why hot water helps "open" a pore.

^^^ goose bumbs are actually caused by the little hairs in your skin. You have these erector pilli muscles in your dermis that when stimulated create the goose bumps.

As far as hot water opening up pores. It does relax them. Think about a rubber band you put it in the freezer and it tightens up, then when you take it out it loosens up again. Your cells have the same properties.

Then with the strips DON'T USE THEM. They don't take out the black heads and they take of 3 or 4 layers of skin, that you kina want to be there.

^^^ goose bumbs are actually caused by the little hairs in your skin. You have these erector pilli muscles in your dermis that when stimulated create the goose bumps.

As far as hot water opening up pores. It does relax them. Think about a rubber band you put it in the freezer and it tightens up, then when you take it out it loosens up again. Your cells have the same properties.

Then with the strips DON'T USE THEM. They don't take out the black heads and they take of 3 or 4 layers of skin, that you kina want to be there.

Why do I want that skin?

Because you kina need your epidermis. Otherwise you're leaving yourself wide open to infection and it will leave open sores all over the area you're using the strips.

Because you kina need your epidermis. Otherwise you're leaving yourself wide open to infection and it will leave open sores all over the area you're using the strips.

I have never had a problem with open sores after use. I know there can be more exposed areas of open skin that you don't even feel but I don't think it has been a problem for me. Also, infection free.

It probably just varies...

it doesn't take off that much skin. if it did they would make me bleed. never happened. not even redness.

After reading this thread I went out and bought a pack of ultra biore nose strips( they were on sale). I did it the proper way of waiting only 10 minutes, and also waiting 25 minutes so it was hard as rock...it did shit all! Just made the skin on my nose smooth but left crap on top of it..and no blackheads came out..what a useless piece of crap :mad:

After reading this thread I went out and bought a pack of ultra biore nose strips( they were on sale). I did it the proper way of waiting only 10 minutes, and also waiting 25 minutes so it was hard as rock...it did shit all! Just made the skin on my nose smooth but left crap on top of it..and no blackheads came out..what a useless piece of crap :mad:

and i thought i was the only one. i love the strips, maybe because of the nasty gunk you can actually see coming out of your pores. i still have constant blackheads though.

Completely useless for my super oily nose :). Following the instructions didn't work, I had to constantly press on it for more than 20 minutes for it to stick (yes I wetted my skin), and even then it stuck to just one part.

Didn't peel to remove, just faced down & it dropped. The cement "stuff" is left on my skin. That was prolly very bad, but it did feel good having smooth dry fake skin, if only for a few hours.