Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
New4You

I just had Restalyne done!

Hi Everyone;

I just wanted to say that I feel great today! Its the start of Spring here in Sydney, the sun is out ..... and my scars are gone !!! (temporarily anyway!)

I had Restalyne injections done on Friday afternoon. Immediately after, I had a little swelling around the injection site - but it was hardly noticeable.

Now it is Sunday morning, the sun is shining - the birds are singing, and my acne pits have all but dissapeared! The swelling has completely subsided.

Its amazing the change that I have undergone in just a day or two, only because of the appearance of skin has improved. I feel so much more happy today. I just wish my skin was like this all the time, and I could be happy all the time. Any way, what can you do .....?

Restalyne offers a great short term (5-12months) solution for acne scarring. A safe and more permanant solution of course would be better, but until it comes - I think that I will stick with Restalyne.

cheers

New4You

Hi New4You,

Could you please let us know some more details about this? For example, what type of scarring you had & the severity of the scarring. Also, what prompted you to have the Restalyne injections done? Was it something a Derm or Plastic Surgeon suggested or something you had researched yourself.

Thanks! smile.gif

That is wonderful news! What kind of scars did you have?

I have a few that look indented in some lights but are hardly noticeable in others. They almost disapear when the skin is stretched, but not totally.

I would like to try this treatment, I think it is approved in the US. 5 - 12 months really is a pretty long time.

Good luck!

Jane

Tamara;

Restalyne has been available in Australia for a while now - I have been using it myself for at least the last 2 years.

I cant remember how I first come across it - but I think I was looking for something which was Safe (no risk of further scarring) and Minimal Downtime (I had CO2 done about 3.5 years ago and was out of action for months looking like some sort of freak show!).

My session on Friday was by far the best I've has so far. The downtime was minimal - I reckon that I could of showed myself in public straight after if I really wanted. I put it down to the preparation of the doctor ...

The improvement in self esteem immediately after a procedure like this is incredible. It makes me realise what we are all missing out on, on a day to day basis, when we are depressed by our acne scarring.

My scar type: a few small ice-picks, but mainly rolling scars I guess.

Look, its definately worth a try. You have nothing to lose (except $ I suppose) - and a lot to gain.

If I can help with info about this product/procedure .... just ask!

cheers

New4You

Guest delta force operators

isnt isolagen like that shit

but permanent?

Isologen - yeah, its similar in what it does ......

but like you say - its permanant - and not completely without risks.

It says on the Isolagen website, if they need to extract Isolagen after its been injected, and can result in scarring. I've already got enough scars, I dont want to do any procedure that 'might' result in more.

With this in mind, I'm choosing to stay away from Isolagen for the time being.

N4Y

Guest delta force operators

can anyone explain what hello50 is trying to say?

I had restylane done on 4 seperate occasions,,, unfortunately the results didn't last anymore than a couple of months at most. I was hopeing the extra sets would be differant, but it never lasted for me. Im off to check out New-fill,, it lasts between 1-2 years, the product is injected, it then forces your own collogen to grow and fill the scars. So you don't actually have a product under your skin like Restylane or Aquamid, that could cause infection. I've been told its the next best thing to Isolagen, except it doesn't last. Its been around for about 20 years, so im guessing it must be fairly safe. I hope.

Hatch;

thats interesting - you say that NewFill lasts 1-2 years - and can cause the body to fill in your craters with collagen. Hmmm interesting! I have seen brochures in my derms office for NewFill, but he has never recommended it to me.

If what you say is true, maybe he's never mentioned it because he can make more money with Restalyne sessions every 6-12 months as opposed to NewFill sessions every 1-2years?

Please let us know how you go with it / and what are the costs?

cheers

N4Y

New4You,

Newfill is(where im going) $800 per session,, i was told most need 2 sets. The New Fill company say it has the possibility to last up to 3 years, but i never believe the salesman on his product, but i guess the possibility is there. I like the idea that there no actual "products" in the skin. I was turned off Aquamid because of the future chance of infection. But so far, from my experience this seems the better choice. And Isolagen in Australia at the moment is way overpriced. But ya, im surprised at the different fillers and treatments out there, and they never get mentioned by drs, until you bring em up. Ill let u know how i go.

New4 You, how much did it cost and how long does it take to do?

I'm a sydney sider too. My remaining scars are all but gone due to super CP but I have a few dents on my right cheek that are stubborn. 4-5 small ones, thinking about getting them filled.

Bulldog;

The derm that Im seeing for this is Dr Roberts - his surgery is in Surry Hills on the corner of Crown and Fouveoux Streets.

It costs $350 for a 0.4 syringe or $500 for the 0.7 syringe.

One good thing about Dr Roberts is that you can purchase the larger size and only use as much as you need during your first visit. YOu can then come back into the surgery at a later date for a touch up as required - i.e. and use up whatevers remaining from your 1st session. He keeps it in his fridge with your name on it. Pretty good hey!

He's 'bed side manner' is not the best - but at least he is not rude I guess.

Its definately worth a try.

Having said all that - I am very interested in what Ive read on this thread about NewFill .... I'll be glad to see what the results are. Maybe we should start another thread on NewFill to track it..... hhmmm..

any questions, just ask..

N4Y

Bulldog - I forgot to ask you -

" My remaining scars are all but gone due to super CP but I ......"

WHere did you get the Super CP from? (os?) How much did it cost. How much improvement have you seen etc. Please give as much detail as possible on this - youve got me interested.

cheers

N4Y

I did a search for NewFill and it appears that it is actually promoted as a filler for scar treatment. I find this interesting since often other fillers are not promoted this way.

Does anyone know if NewFill is for deep scars only, or can it be used for shallow depressions?

I really think fillers or subcision will be the way for me to go once I've reached my maximum improvement with the vinegar method.

Thanks, Jane

Bulldog - I forgot to ask you -

\" My remaining scars are all but gone due to super CP but I  ......\"

WHere did you get the Super CP from? (os?) How much did it cost. How much improvement have you seen etc. Please give as much detail as possible on this - youve got me interested.

cheers

N4Y