Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brioni

Measuring 10 grams of B5 powder

I was under the impression that 1 teaspoon would equal approximately 3 grams. So based on that I would take 3 teaspoons giving me approximately 9 grams a day. However my tub of 300g was not going down quick enough - it was only meant to last 30 days. I wanted to double check this and I broke up 5 Vilantae capsules which equates to 2550 mg of B5 as well as very small amounts of other B vitamins and biotin. The dosage for Vilantae is 5 capsules, 4 times a day.

I placed the powder on the teaspoon and to my surprise it was quite a heap. It was also quite a struggle to actually take whole amount at once - i usually tip it into my mouth and have half a cup of orange squash to wash it down.

So based on this, its 4 heaped teaspoons a day that i'll be taking now.

I don't know how some of you guys are measuring out the powder but here's a couple of photos you can use as a guide as to what 2.5 grams looks like.

IPB Image

IPB Image

here's a couple of photos you can use as a guide as to what 2.5 grams looks like.

IPB Image

IPB Image

... so... how large is your spoon?

standard practice, place a ruler by any object if you wish to demonstrate relative size. (or a quarter etc)

uh, good point! well it's a teaspoon. i was really just trying to illustrate that 2.5 grams equates to quite a heaped amount of powder on a teaspoon.

Show it on a regular tablespoon but all 10g :P Thats what I've been trying to figure out lately. Isn't a gram supposed to be like 1cm (squared) or something or less? shouldn't be that much of a heap on a regular tablespoon. I'm confused :\ Might be bigger for you since you're using a powder that has to include the 500mg b5 plus the other biotin and b-complex stuff?

Show it on a regular tablespoon but all 10g :P Thats what I've been trying to figure out lately. Isn't a gram supposed to be like 1cm (squared) or something or less? shouldn't be that much of a heap on a regular tablespoon. I'm confused :\ Might be bigger for you since you're using a powder that has to include the 500mg b5 plus the other biotin and b-complex stuff?

it includes 58.9 mg & 92 mcg of other stuff so barely anything. the main factor I guess is that the powder was "sprinkled" on to the spoon and not "scooped" out of the pot so it might not be quite as compressed as it would normally be. I will try and retake the photos with an object along side and pad the powder down some how.