Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sverd

Peanut butter and jelly?

Could peanut butter and jelly sandwiches be harmful to acne?

More so on the peanut butter. But everyone is different. However, peanut butter is near the top overall on acne aggravating foods.

:naughty:

It's not a great combonation. Peanuts are at the top of the allergens list. Bread isn't great if you're talking about white bread or most store bought breads. And jelly is most likely just sugar if you are buying processed kind with corn syrup and the like.

When I eat peanuts or peanut butter I get cold sores. I never made the connection until a doctor told me that I could have a mild allergy that makes my immunity weaker. I'll bet the same thing could happen with acne.

It sucks though, I love peanut butter....

Bread and jelly are pretty unhealthy for most people. Jelly has tons of sugar and bread has been linked to acne.

Peanut butter can be healthy IF you buy the right kind. Skippy and other similar brands are very unhealthy.

However, unsalted organic peanut butter can be a very healthy food. Some of the best brands for healthy peanut butter are Maranatha and Arrowhead Mills. Make sure the peanut butter you buy just has peanuts listed as the ingredients and no sugar or salt or anything else.

I always hated PB&J... thought it was a disgusting concoction. Jelly is gross... gelatenous blob of sugary pseudo-fruit...

man i used to love peanut butter when i was younger, but when i hit my acne phase, the peanut butter just broke me out the next day all over my face (mainly small pimples), so i haven't tasted peanut butter for well over 15 years

Some people swear peanuts give them acne. Has no effect on me.

But jelley is usually corn syrup. Spikes insulin.

Don't be dumb.

No food causes anything, some cause fat though :)

I bodybuild and eat 4 a day with 4 out of my 6 meals daily.

Don't be dumb.

No one cares if you bodybuild.

Don't be dumb.

You obivously do, you fucktard.

Don't be dumb.

You obivously do, you fucktard.

Thanks for your insight into diet and acne.

Peanuts CAN cause acne flares in those who are acne prone. Peanuts (and peanut products) are high in androgens, which can lead to acne flares. Also, if there is iodized salt in the peanut butter, its a double whammy. There is evidence linking high iodine foods and medicines to acne outbreaks. I use unsalted almond butter or cashew butter instead - almonds and cashews don't have the same problems as peanuts do. Its not quite as good, (and pricier), but oh well!!

Don't be dumb.

Why does it seem soooo crazy to some people that the crap that you put IN your body effects the crap that comes OUTSIDE of your body.. (acne)

Don't be dumb.

Why does it seem soooo crazy to some people that the crap that you put IN your body effects the crap that comes OUTSIDE of your body.. (acne)

Im not sure but I find it amusing that someone shuts down the idea that food doesn't cause acne for anyone. I smile and nod, it's their acne not mine. Then again he's on accutane....case of cognitive dissonance.

Don't be dumb.

Someone needs to ban you or warn you or something. I've only seen one other person on here that's more a POS than you. BODYBUILDING isn't healthy, you 10,000 calories a day fucktard!!!!!!!!

Stop it with the name calling guys........

Just because of this thread I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner last night....

It was soooo goood.....

I used natural peanut butter from Whole Foods (just mashed up peanuts) and some grape fruit spread (just mashed up grapes and fruit juices) and I put it on soft whole grain bread......and of course I had to have a glass of milk........

I was in heaven.....

I don't usually eat PB&J, only when I actually have a craving for it, which I did yesterday. I really could care less if my acne worsens (like it would matter anyaway.....it's already really bad)....I'm starting accutane next month......

Stop it with the name calling guys........

Just because of this thread I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner last night....

It was soooo goood.....

I used natural peanut butter from Whole Foods (just mashed up peanuts) and some grape fruit spread (just mashed up grapes and fruit juices) and I put it on soft whole grain bread......and of course I had to have a glass of milk........

I was in heaven.....

I don't usually eat PB&J, only when I actually have a craving for it, which I did yesterday. I really could care less if my acne worsens (like it would matter anyaway.....it's already really bad)....I'm starting accutane next month......

I did the same thing too except with non-organic.