Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
youtube

What best describes your genetic Heritage?

What skintype do you have?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What best describes your genetic heritage?

• Caucasian, Celtic (English / Irish)
    • Caucasian, Light-Skinned European
    • Caucasian, Dark-Skinned European
    • Caucasian, Mediteranean
    • Middle Eastern, Indian, Asian,Hispanic
    • African American/Black

Hey there,

I have always thought that lighter skinned people seemed to have more acne problems than darker skinned people. Now I wanted to make a poll and see if this can be verified.

Please only vote if you Do have acne( I do not know why you would be on this forum if you didn't : ) )

I myself am of Mediterranean decent(greek), and I have a slightly lighter color skin, and I am the only one(3 brothers) with acne.. Yeah, talk about being shafted.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

I have a question. What do you wish your heritage was? I'm Celtic, but I wish my heritage was something like Dutch and Japanese. I don't like having fair skin.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Well my dislike of my skin colour doesn't have anything to do with acne. I just don't like being so white. I get sunburnt so easily :confused:

No offense but this is slightly corrupt. Because I'm pretty sure the vast majority of this forum is caucasian.

I come from a mxied family, half is from Zimbabwe, half from England.

Both sides fo ym family have had memebrs in their family who suffer from acne. I myself have had acne since I was around 13... but I got the odd spot from around age 9. Believe you me, I inflamed spots all over my forehead, it wasn't nice. Also with darker skinned people you get hyperpigmentation that takes longer to fade. I ahve brown marks from when I cut my knee as a kid that still haven't faded.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Or it could be that lighter skin people seek out forums for help?

Sorry I don't get you...

If you are mixed, you should probably vote for which skin color best represents you.

Anyways, that is probably true that there are more European decent people voting in these polls. However, in my own personal view it seems that I have seen more cases of moderate/severe acne is lighter skin people(first 2 poll questions) than in lets say the last 2. Some say anyskin color has an equal chance, but what has your experience told you?

all races get acne ,but from what ive seen lighter skinned people seem to get it worse.

any other hispanics on these forums?

Ah, someone knows a bit of greek. Ti kanis(How are you)?

ΠολÏ? κάλα ευχαÏ?ιστώ

(I voted 4 in your poll...

... and when I see this smiley: :clap: I always think of a sea of them :clap::clap::clap: in an audience at a Greek dance ;) )

I think instead of race it should be considered under a society. The Western Hemisphere has more acne sufferers than the Eastern. How can it be? Well, I don't know. Compare the U.S. with Korea. Our "problems" are very different ;)

I don't think heritage has anything to do with how severe your acne is. I'm half Asian and half European, and my skin tone is semi-dark, but yet I still suffer from acne. My cousin is like...pale pale pale, and she suffers from it too. it's genetic, but it doesnt' necessarily have to do with race.

it's genetic, but it doesnt' necessarily have to do with race.

Genetics and race are similar in that they have differences. Some races are more genetically prone to different diseases and such. African/mediterranean peoples have a better chance of developing Sickle Cell Anemia.

I do believe there is some backing in the statement that more western societies suffer from acne than other ones.

Is it only a coinsidence that lighter skin people seem to have more/harsher acne? Perhaps, perhaps not.

I mean I am genetically mediterranean, yet I do have the lightest skin out of my brothers, and am the only one with acne. I just wanted to see others thoughts if they had anything similar..

Well let me share a little information with you all, my siblings and I are the only ones I know who have suffered with acne, in my family. I have a European/Caribbean background, and it seems like the mixed ones have the acne (in my case anyways). Furthermore, I just have to say that I did not vote...seeing that people of mixed heritage are often overlooked. No hard feelings.

Well let me share a little information with you all, my siblings and I are the only ones I know who have suffered with acne, in my family. I have a European/Caribbean background, and it seems like the mixed ones have the acne (in my case anyways). Furthermore, I just have to say that I did not vote...seeing that people of mixed heritage are often overlooked. No hard feelings.

Mixed heritage for a vote is too broad.. Then I would need one for mixed asian/caucasian black/caucasian, ext.. I did not overlook it, but I believe it is better to vote for the one that most represents you..

Anyways, that is interesting that only you and your siblings had acne, and not the parents.

Mixed heritage for a vote is too broad.. Then I would need one for mixed asian/caucasian black/caucasian, ext.. I did not overlook it, but I believe it is better to vote for the one that most represents you..

Not really...all you have to put up is "Mixed heritage", that is all (it is broad, there's the beauty). Besides, I think Caucasian or African American of wtv is just as broad (people from the "same" racial background come in all different complexions and skin types too you know!) Since no categorie best represents me, I cannot vote. See it my way: it's like choosing if your "Yellow" or "Blue" when in fact, you are "Green". Think on that note if you will......

*This isn't one of those "politically correct" poll things.

It is very basic.

This is not all genetics, mixed race is very broad because skin color of mixed race can be very different. That was my point.

You do have a point that people of the same race are lighter/darker than each other, but I did not have enough space in the poll to add every little detail.