Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raph

Rosacea

I think I may have this. Not bad, but still annoying. And from what i've read it might get worse with time.

What are some good remedies for rosacea? I also have some back acne I'd like to get rid of, is there an antibiotic or anything that would help reduce both the rosacea and back acne?

i have been using mandelic acid for about 3.5 weeks and the past couple days i've seen a lot of improvement in redness and blotchiness. if you use it just be sure to go slow, at least at first.

if what you're talking about is clear skin (ie no bumps/blackheads/pimples) but just a blushy look that occasionally flushes, i'm not sure i'd recommend it for that (and that may very well not be rosacea - if it is, it's the very beginning stages - usually with rosacea your skin will look irritated and you'll get papules in the inflammed area).

Sodium Sulfacetamide products( Klaron, Plexion ) seem to be commonly prescribed by dermatologists for rosacea. I'm using Plexion right now for my rosacea. I haven't used it long enough to make a judgement on it yet. For your back I would recommend much cheaper over the counter products to start out with -- like benzoyl peroxide.

Did you derm diagnose you with it first? Or did you find out about rosacea and bring it up to him/her?

I saw my derm about a month ago and he didnt say anything about rosacea. And i forgot to ask him. My skin is also prone to redness, like if you slap my arm, itll be red for like 15 min lol. But my face is allways red. I'm not sure wether i have it or not, but id rather not take a chance.

I have rosacea. My mom won't do anything about it, though...

How do u know you have rosacea? I'm just wondering cause you're pretty young for rosacea, and it's hard to tell for sure unless you see a dermatologist. Btw, you have the same birthday as me( although, we're five years apart, lol ), *high five*

Did you derm diagnose you with it first? Or did you find out about rosacea and bring it up to him/her?

I saw my derm about a month ago and he didnt say anything about rosacea. And i forgot to ask him. My skin is also prone to redness, like if you slap my arm, itll be red for like 15 min lol. But my face is allways red. I'm not sure wether i have it or not, but id rather not take a chance.

My dermatolgist told me when I first went for just acne, but I forgot about it( that was before my face was always red ). I asked him more specifically about it last time, now that my face is red from BP( I think.. ), and he said I have "slight rosacea." Anyways, I think you should ask him about it next time you have an appointment. It's definitely a good thing to know exactly what you're dealing with.