Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest TylerD

big pores grrrr..

Guest TylerD

Ok my question is does anyone els feel that sometimes they have over sized pores???? Without makeup and a primer mine look like little scars all over. Its so gross!!!! With a makeup and primer they look way better, however I have noticed people that do have some pores but deffinitely not as big as mine. Im sick of hiding it all the time... Anyone els notice their pores that much or its never really bothered you???

Guest TylerD

Have you tried moisturizing??

I have thought about it but no I havent. I already use a primer and makeup I dont want to use another product on my face and increase my chance of a breakout.

Yes I have those on my nose, and few on my cheeks and chin, and they bother me so much.

If they are just pores not scars, mine shrunk as I got older.

Pore-Me from DermaDoctor works great!

As your skin gets less oily, they should get better :)

i just bought silkia camellia oil (you would use this a moisturizer) to try for this among other things. it's touted as something that will diminish pore appearance. no idea if that's actually true, but it's supposed to have enough other beneficial effects that it's worth a shot.

Guest TylerD

i just bought silkia camellia oil (you would use this a moisturizer) to try for this among other things. it's touted as something that will diminish pore appearance. no idea if that's actually true, but it's supposed to have enough other beneficial effects that it's worth a shot.

Can you tell me a little bit more about this stuff please? Have you actually used it on your face yet and seen a reduce in the size of your pores, and also does it break you out. It sounds very oily unless im wrong here.

Guest TylerD

Yes I have those on my nose, and few on my cheeks and chin, and they bother me so much.

What does that Pore- Me stuff do???

Ok my question is does anyone els feel that sometimes they have over sized pores???? Without makeup and a primer mine look like little scars all over. Its so gross!!!! With a makeup and primer they look way better, however I have noticed people that do have some pores but deffinitely not as big as mine. Im sick of hiding it all the time... Anyone els notice their pores that much or its never really bothered you???

hi, for me i have open pores on my nose and the side of my nose i found that exfoliating with a synthetic brush a few times a week definetly helps..

also can u take a picture up close so we know wat ur dealing with

Guest TylerD

hi, for me i have open pores on my nose and the side of my nose i found that exfoliating with a synthetic brush a few times a week definetly helps..

Ill try too but my cam is so crappy you would never be able to see them with the cam I got. But ill try to get a new one this week and take one without makeup on waaaaa I dont want too, buuuut what the hell. Who says we cant live life on the edge :D

Ill try too but my cam is so crappy you would never be able to see them with the cam I got. But ill try to get a new one this week and take one without makeup on waaaaa I dont want too, buuuut what the hell. Who says we cant live life on the edge :D

hehe if you cant find a picture on the net..

btw are u a girl/guy? it would help too thnx

my pores are large all over my cheeks and nose.. it does look unnatural and does no favours for you appearance. accutane is suppose to help tighten pores a good bit, i dunno some people say a good toner will help but it never worked for me..but to be honest if all i had to worry abut was large pores id be a happy camper

my pores are large all over my cheeks and nose.. it does look unnatural and does no favours for you appearance. accutane is suppose to help tighten pores a good bit, i dunno some people say a good toner will help but it never worked for me..but to be honest if all i had to worry abut was large pores id be a happy camper

i sort of found that differin tightens pores

Guest TylerD

I am a guy. I still use makeup but I dont care, anything to help make the pores look smaller I will try. And so far the only thing that has worked for me is a primer and a creme based makeup.

There are hundreds of "pore refining" products out there, some designed specifically for men. King of Shaves XCD Perfecter Smoothing and Mattifying Gel is one. Works like make-up but has "FOR MEN" written on it so you won't get stick from your mates or girlfriend. ;)

Can you tell me a little bit more about this stuff please? Have you actually used it on your face yet and seen a reduce in the size of your pores, and also does it break you out. It sounds very oily unless im wrong here.

it's not supposed to break you out any more than any other moisturizer you'd put on your face, but there's always a chance. i ordered mine from www.goldportbeauty.com but haven't received it yet. i really doubt it will reduce the size of pores (from what i've heard, nothing can do that) but there is some chance it will make them APPEAR smaller.

Guest TylerD

See thats exactly what I thought. I always thought it would make my apperance bad and make me look ugly. But anyone I have asked so far, they all say they never have never noticed my pores. I dont know if they say that just to be nice or if they actually mean it. I really dont see how you cant notice them, they stick out from a foot away unles I have makeup on. But I guess some people dont look as close as I do.

There are hundreds of "pore refining" products out there, some designed specifically for men. King of Shaves XCD Perfecter Smoothing and Mattifying Gel is one. Works like make-up but has "FOR MEN" written on it so you won't get stick from your mates or girlfriend. ;)

Ive never heard of that before. Is it a makeup or just a gel like primer that conceals pores??

Yeah I've got them below my eyes (where most all the blackheads are) it's annoying but not really that bad. I'm going on Accutane soon and I heard it really helps tighten pores to look normal, is that true?

Ive heard it helps for alot of people but I went on accutane and although it cleared my acne up perfect, it didnt do anything for my pores. If anything maybe they got worse I have no idea.

Guest TylerD

Queen Helene Mint Julepe Mask.

Problem solved.

Know from experience.

I do have this product at home. I used to use it quite a bit however only when I got a big spot I would use the product right on it to kill it off by morning. However I never used it all over my face. Maybe ill give that a shit though. However I cant really see it helping with pores.

What does that Pore- Me stuff do???

Shrinks the pores, immediatly, better after more usage, then it just gets better, and better.

It cleans out the stuff which keeps pores open like oil and junk so they can get smaller.

Works for me!!

Guest TylerD

Thanks. I think I may just order this stuff :D . You know Jodie you would make a good salesman.

Thanks. I think I may just order this stuff :D . You know Jodie you would make a good salesman.

well, I only post what has worked for me.......

I seem to have the same troubles as some, so when I see someone who has similar problems, I try to share.

Not all the things work for everyone, but when something works for me, even a 20-30% improvement, I AM soo grateful! And maybe all this sharing will lead to 99% improvement over time!

So try it you can't lose, and it does work better with time. Well it did for me, and I am a hard case....:)