Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

I was on accutane for a year and I still use benzoyl peroxide. The thing thats bothering me is that my acne is almost all gone but I have these red marks left over from when my acne was bad.. :( Do you think these lil red spots will eventually go away?

Btw having red marks over doesn't mean that those red marks will be scars will it? Because I don't have any holes left over in my skin or do scars only begin to show a while after your acne is gone?

post-38238-1154909196_thumb.jpg

post-38238-1154909196_thumb.jpg

Posted

don't worry they all eventually go, bp slows down the healing process.

Posted

wow am I the only one that notices that acne looks much worse in photos?

Posted

Hi Dolph. I don't think those will scar (Imo) but they will take awhile to heal. I'm also on Accutane and have been exfoliating with a microdermabrasion sponge, using the Neutrogena acne mark fading peel, and finally using Vita K for blotchy skin. Most people would def say that's too many product for the face but its def working well for me. I agree... whenever I take a pic without BM on or fake tanner I totally freakout, also whenever I'm in different light than I normally am. Ah... lol, You look really cute from that one pic and have beautiful eyes... try not to worry about it. Good luck. :)

Posted

well it looks a lot worse on camera but in rl people say my skin looks fine.. when you look up close theres no holes or "craters" in my skin either just a some red marks, so I guess it will heal over time. I should just be happy with how much I've improved after being on accutane and BP for a year. :)

Posted

kinda like mine , i have more , but my spots are smaller , i think the best way is just wait... :( thats what im doin

Posted

Lemons or a peel will help, i think...

Posted

well it looks a lot worse on camera but in rl people say my skin looks fine.. when you look up close theres no holes or "craters" in my skin either just a some red marks, so I guess it will heal over time. I should just be happy with how much I've improved after being on accutane and BP for a year. :)

In my experience, no holes or dips means they eventually go all away.. bye bye red spots.

Posted

I would stop using BP, they make the marks take longer to heal.

Posted

[attachmentid=5506][attachmentid=5507][attachmentid=5508]Well its looking a lot better today.

post-38238-1155047099_thumb.jpg

post-38238-1155047111_thumb.jpg

post-38238-1155047255_thumb.jpg

post-38238-1155048124_thumb.jpg

post-38238-1155047099_thumb.jpg

post-38238-1155047111_thumb.jpg

post-38238-1155047255_thumb.jpg

post-38238-1155048124_thumb.jpg

Posted

Hi again. Once again your eyes are beautiful. I wear blue contacts... is your eye color natural? Wow your face looks so much better... what have ya been doing? Just leaving it alone?

Posted

Hi again. Once again your eyes are beautiful. I wear blue contacts... is your eye color natural? Wow your face looks so much better... what have ya been doing? Just leaving it alone?

hehe.. thx. Yeah its my natural color. Anyways I started using my new tubes of benzoyl peroxide treatment called Benza Clin. I'm starting to think that my old tubes of BP were getting too old to be useful since I got them all about 2 years ago. I gave up diet coke.. Last week I was drinking about 2 bottles of diet coke a day untill someone I know mentioned that the caffeine might be making my acne worse. Now I'm trying to drink as much water as I can for my skin.. and I guess it's helping

Posted

Ummm uhhh I see! I'm glad It's working for ya. :)

Posted

oh ur lucky it does seem to be getting better. not in my case though. I'd have to say my acne actually has faded. but I have a lot of scars and most of those scars came from red marks.

Posted

oh ur lucky it does seem to be getting better. not in my case though. I'd have to say my acne actually has faded. but I have a lot of scars and most of those scars came from red marks.

I guess I'm lucky though because if I was prone to scarring my entire cheeks would have scars on them but there are days when they look nice and smooth.