Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tim1986

Beer and Acne

Anyone think drinking alot of beer can cause acne, If so what would it be, maybe yeast idk. Does anyone know a diet I can follow?

well i noe that whenver i drink not only beer but liquor ill break out a few days later, mainly happens when i drink vodka but who noes.

I love beer, and I don't believe it has any effects whatsoever on acne...CHEERS!

It can damage liver cells and kills good bacteria in the gut. Tho this will not help acne or your body we are fun loving mofos and we need some pleasures! It dont stop me from hitting the JD and coke on a night out, and im clued up on the negatives of it but in moderation not excess.

Dosnt beer have yeast in it aswell? Im not into beer so I dont really care for whats in it too much.

Anyone think drinking alot of beer can cause acne, If so what would it be, maybe yeast idk. Does anyone know a diet I can follow?

Perhaps the problem is the sugar content.

It can damage liver cells and kills good bacteria in the gut. Tho this will not help acne or your body we are fun loving mofos and we need some pleasures! It dont stop me from hitting the JD and coke on a night out, and im clued up on the negatives of it but in moderation not excess.

Dosnt beer have yeast in it aswell? Im not into beer so I dont really care for whats in it too much.

You'd have to drink a whole lot to get enough in your system for it to kill a *significant* amount of bacteria or damage your liver... All things in moderation, eh?

Reminds me of this one time my friend was sick and wanted to go out. We told her not to and she said "But maybe it will make me better. The germs will die from the alcohol poisoning before I do... they're a lot smaller!" hehehe I had this image of drunk bacteria swimming around in her bloodstream :lol:

But yeah any alcohol is made through a fermentation process, so a lot of it has yeast, esp. beer (not sure about distilled or grain alcohol, though). But it's really more the sugar content than anything else...

I don't know from personal experience, but some people have found that Vodka (and maybe other liquors) was skin safe whereas beer broke them out. Just a suggestion.