Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chris_284

Purchased NHFSL-N today

Okay so I purchased some NHSFL-Night today. I am wondering how I want to start using this lotion?

I read sometime back that I should maybe try applying some of this lotion below my ear... and see how my skin takes to the lotion. Then... if its ok for after 3 days... I can apply it to my face. Does this sound good... or should I just apply a couple pumps to my face one night... and see how it is in the morning?

One last question... how many pumps do you want to start off using for the entire face [well, kinda... not my forhead... but my upper neck(where the beard grows) is included... so basically a full face?]. Is two pumps sufficient. I currently use about 3.5 pumps of Aveeno Ultra Calming to sufficiently moisturize my face if that is any help in deciding how much I should use.

I think using it straight off one night should be fine. I doubt that you are allergic to it. I think more people are allergic to bp then glycolic acid.

The bottle recommends two pumps which is enough. I do one pump in each hand and put it on so that each side of my face gets an equal amount. I suppose you can put more later on but 2 pumps to begin with is sufficient.

You probably don't need to do a sensitivity test. Just use a couple of pumps of the lotion tonight--a little goes a long way. You might feel a slight stinging from the AHA at first or be bothered by the smell, but you'll get used to both.