Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My friend came and visited me from the states and he had this bp with him i think it was clearisil ultra or something but it was in a long tube and it was ten percent bp. Im guessing in the states its easy to get like rx's lol but i wanna know if anyone knows what it is or how i can get it.

It's generally sold in the U.S. as "maximum strength" via Stridex or Clearasil, but as i understand it, the lower concentration 2.5% is just as effective with less of the unwanted side effects.

The 10% will often clear you up faster (I think the 2.5% will eventually clear you as well as 10% - but this is only based on results from a single study, as far as I can tell). The 10% will dry you out more, but sometimes the drying and peeling helps get you clear quicker (but, you have to put up with the irritation and peeling). Do you plan to spot treat with it, or use it over larger areas of your face?

Can you order online? I would imagine some of the online drugstores would carry 10% BP. Also, Vivant makes one:

http://www.betterhealthyskin.com/248.aspx

Its pricey, but Vivant makes good products. They also make a 5% and 2.5% as well.

i use 10% all the time! i used to use it all over, but now i only spot treat here and there. its great! i like the 10% better than 5% --for no realreason tho, just preference.

im not putting it all over my face god no i just want it for spots

I use it for spots and I never get extra redness or flaking. I have rather thick skin, though.