Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been taking B5 now for 7 weeks. The first 4 weeks my face looked wonderful. I had an awful break out 2 weeks ago ie. Cysts that I had to go to the derm and get removed he then said he was gonna put me on minocycline 100mg 2x a day and gave me a tretion .05% cream and a sulfur/sodium sulfacitmide (sp?) face wash.....I stopped taking the b5 for the past 3 days bc I've been on minocycline.....I'm just so confused what to do. Should I do the b5 since it got meclear for 4 weeks but then BROKE me out HORRIBLY or should I do as the derm. says or should I do both???? I really need help. Thanks.

I just took B5 for 4 days.. it broke me out horribly when I just had 2 pimples. Now I have about 7.. all over my face, it's bumpy. I don't know what the hell to do now.. continue? or go back to what I used to do?

What you both need to realise is that B5 is not a miracle cure that is going to work in a month. You will get an initial breakout which can happen anywhere within the first 4 months. After the initial breakout is over, you should clear up beautifully.

You have to have patience. If you can stick out the breakout, you will be glad you did, because youe skin will thank you for it.

Hang in there!

I've been taking B5 now for 7 weeks. The first 4 weeks my face looked wonderful. I had an awful break out 2 weeks ago ie. Cysts that I had to go to the derm and get removed he then said he was gonna put me on minocycline 100mg 2x a day and gave me a tretion .05% cream and a sulfur/sodium sulfacitmide (sp?) face wash.....I stopped taking the b5 for the past 3 days bc I've been on minocycline.....I'm just so confused what to do. Should I do the b5 since it got meclear for 4 weeks but then BROKE me out HORRIBLY or should I do as the derm. says or should I do both???? I really need help. Thanks.

im currently taking BOTH tetracykline 1g a day and b5 at the same time... i asked alot about this before i did it also but they say its ok coz it's just a vitamin so you can take b5 with other medication it will not interfear. good luck!

oh and thatbiggbadwolfy: you will almost always experience an initial breakout, how fucked up it may feel so DONT STOP THE B5! it will take a while to work, some people see a difference after 1week and for others it takes up to 2months for it to really work. they say that the real effect from the b5 will not be seen until after 5-6months... so BE PATIENT!! it will more than likely work just give it some time.

good luck!

How many grams did you start off with and how many grams of b5 when you started to break out? Because I took doxycycline with b5 before and luckily didn't have that initial breakout.

If I want to stop taking my mino (only been on it for 3 days) and continue with the vitamins will the mino work if I ever wanted to take it again for a full course instead of 3 days???

I was taking the full 10 grams.....I started breaking out at the 5th week. When I stared I just worked my way up to 10 grams. I'd rather take b5 then mino. just because I want to know which one works for me where if I take both I won't know. Get it? And I know on mino. when I stop more than likely my acne will come back.

If I want to stop taking my mino (only been on it for 3 days) and continue with the vitamins will the mino work if I ever wanted to take it again for a full course instead of 3 days???

I was taking the full 10 grams.....I started breaking out at the 5th week. When I stared I just worked my way up to 10 grams. I'd rather take b5 then mino. just because I want to know which one works for me where if I take both I won't know. Get it? And I know on mino. when I stop more than likely my acne will come back.

I was on mino for a long time and it did clear me up but I have had acne for 36 years. I'm know taking the B5, on my 3 month. Brokeout really bad the first month but stuck with it and now just have a little. Hang in there!!

I was on mino for a long time and it did clear me up but I have had acne for 36 years. I'm know taking the B5, on my 3 month. Brokeout really bad the first month but stuck with it and now just have a little. Hang in there!!

Thanks hopefully things will start looking better!