Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tap

Is your face red on the CSR?

Do you have a red or tan face as a result of the CSR?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a red or tan face as a result of the CSR?

• Yes
    • No
    • I used to, but not anymore

So I like the CSR because I'm totally clear, but even with a lot of moisturizer in the morning I have this red, tan face which I don't like. Even when I put half a finger of bp it still gets red. I'm curious who else has this problem?

I used to get a reddish glow after I did my regimen... Now after five weeks I don't really get any redness from the BP or the Eucerin-creme I use... I think it's because I was very aware of the amount of BP I used in the beginning of my regimen. I started the 2 first weeks off, being very gentle to my skin. Didn't use much BP, cleanser and moisturiser and I only did my regimen once a day the first couple of weeks.

Now I use half a finger, 1,5 pumps of CSR Cleanser and my Eucerin-creme, twice a day, and have been doing so for the last three weeks. I only use BP on the bottom half of my face. Although I still get a little red, right after my application of BP and Moisturiser, it subsides quickly now. :cool:

Best regards, T.

been on the regimen nearly 8 months and still have redness problems altho not as bad now since i changed moisturiser to aveeno UC, also i noticied more redness when changing facial expression altho this probably cannot be helped, ive more or less accepted that while on the CSR my face is always gonna be a slight shade of pink

So I like the CSR because I'm totally clear, but even with a lot of moisturizer in the morning I have this red, tan face which I don't like. Even when I put half a finger of bp it still gets red. I'm curious who else has this problem?

i do!!!! check out my see my thread about that (click here), which i'm still hoping dan and brandy will get back to (dan wanted people who have this problem to post which products they use). so if you have this problem, please do post your products, everyone.

i now have both redness and the "tan" color. personally, i don't think it's a product combo -- i think some of us (apparently people with fairer skin) just have this reaction to benzoyl peroxide. but if you all post, perhaps we can find an answer by process of elimination...

I've been seeing alot of threads on this whole redness issue. Did it ever occur to anyone, that the mix between the BP Gel and whatever moisturizer you're using...is what's causing the irritation? Obviously, everyone is getting some kind of redness from this regimen. To boot, when you throw in the ingredients of your cleanser into the mix, the ingredients of the BP Gel, and then the moisturizer...I just think that's too many chemicals for anyone to be putting on your face! Especially, when you take into account broken out, red, irritated, oily, extremely sensitive skin, think about that for minute. Just a thought!

I've been seeing alot of threads on this whole redness issue. Did it ever occur to anyone, that the mix between the BP Gel and whatever moisturizer you're using...is what's causing the irritation? Obviously, everyone is getting some kind of redness from this regimen. To boot, when you throw in the ingredients of your cleanser into the mix, the ingredients of the BP Gel, and then the moisturizer...I just think that's too many chemicals for anyone to be putting on your face! Especially, when you take into account broken out, red, irritated, oily, extremely sensitive skin, think about that for minute. Just a thought!

hi bruce,

i hear your point, and it's a good thought. personally, i happen to disagree with it (see my post above yours), based on experience thus far. one of the reasons for this is that i've had this bizarre "tanning"/orangey discoloration of my skin every time i've used BP (including during my brief and unsuccessful stint with Proactiv) -- whether it be alone, or with many other products.

while i'm here, thank you, tap, for throwing this poll out there, and for adding "Tan" to the question. i've been trying to get feedback about this for months (since my first attempt at the CSR, in April), but haven't known exactly how to go about it!

Wow, that's a large number of people that said yes to the poll. I'm kind of surprised. I figure I will try putting on even less bp. Of course once you put too less, then it may not be as effective. I am thinking of just using the CSR in the night and a 10% bp wash in the day. I'll see how it goes.