Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yojo000

Quick Question

Hi first time poster, longtime reader. 19 yearold male if it helps.

I recently started dieting and cutting back on the amount of food I ate. Its been about 3 weeks. I've never had a problem with acne, only the occasional pimple every 2 months or so. Recently, however, I've had 4 or 5 pimples appear during this time...and frankly, I'm completely dumbfounded. The only possible explanation I see is it is linked to my diet?

I don't know if this is possible, but any feedback is truly appreciated!

Hi first time poster, longtime reader. 19 yearold male if it helps.

I recently started dieting and cutting back on the amount of food I ate. Its been about 3 weeks. I've never had a problem with acne, only the occasional pimple every 2 months or so. Recently, however, I've had 4 or 5 pimples appear during this time...and frankly, I'm completely dumbfounded. The only possible explanation I see is it is linked to my diet?

I don't know if this is possible, but any feedback is truly appreciated!

The 'link' is still highly debated. I believe there is one, my opinion. What kind of diet are you on? what have you added and taken away? Somtimes simply changing from a 'bad' to a 'good' diet can cause flare ups due to the nature of cleansing the body, even more so if you never eat greens, veg or fruits.

Thanks for the reply, Jodiat.

For the last couple weeks I've taken away almost everything (including greens), just to cleanse my body. My calorie (and fat) intake is way down.

Its not a health issue at all if I stop and go back to eating normally. I'm not overweight or anything. I'm just pretty lost right now =)

Thanks for the reply, Jodiat.

For the last couple weeks I've taken away almost everything (including greens), just to cleanse my body. My calorie (and fat) intake is way down.

Its not a health issue at all if I stop and go back to eating normally. I'm not overweight or anything. I'm just pretty lost right now =)

If you are eating alot lower calories and fewer meals you body will have more time to fully digest the food and spend longer detoxing/cleansing. This alone can cause spots, the skin is a large organ and can expel large amounts of toxins. (its known as a secondary toxin eliminator) Usually this applies more when the liver and bowels or kidneys are not functioning at peak, so the skin can help pick up the slack.

So should I just go back to eating "normally"? And that should, theoretically, prevent any further pimples attributed to this mess?

Thanks for all your help.

So should I just go back to eating "normally"? And that should, theoretically, prevent any further pimples attributed to this mess?

Thanks for all your help.

Hmm whats normally for you? In theory then yes, id expect you to get what results you have been getting. If your eating well then I wouldnt change this - for life.

Ok, I'm a believer now. Diet and skin issues are absolutely, positively correlated.

I went back to eating normally, and I cleared up almost right away, and have no further problems.

Because they were such drastic changes and in such a short period of time, its clear that diet and skin condition are most definitley tied.

Thanks again, jodiat!