Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay..I've heard of being obsessive compulsive and the anxiety stuff if u have acne...But am the only perosn who DOESN'T like looking in mirrors...The last time i looked at a close-up of my face was probably 3 years ago wen i was clear...I just cant stand looking at my face like this...Im curious to know if anyone does the same thing...let me no

I usually end up looking in mirrors.

When I do it in passing, it's not so bad. But if I have time, I tend to look a bit longer. Every second I spend looking, I notice my imperfections more and more.

My acne has cleared up SO much, but it doesn't help when you're unattractive to begin with.

I don't like using the word ugly because it's an ugly word, and I've been called it too many times during high school, and it makes me depressed thinking about it.

I usually end up looking in mirrors.

When I do it in passing, it's not so bad. But if I have time, I tend to look a bit longer. Every second I spend looking, I notice my imperfections more and more.

My acne has cleared up SO much, but it doesn't help when you're unattractive to begin with.

I don't like using the word ugly because it's an ugly word, and I've been called it too many times during high school, and it makes me depressed thinking about it.

aww ur probably not ugly dont worry about it. you know how immature people are they like to hurt others in order to gain. A bullied person always bullies. they probaly went thru something in their life now theyre taking it on you. people are stupid. i cant stand people like this.

Word i agree...Theres these two fucking cunts in my hood that i seriously cant stand...they think there hot as fuck and that gotta point out the bad things of other people

P.S. Im gunna get suspended for my langauge, arent i? =[

Word i agree...Theres these two fucking cunts in my hood that i seriously cant stand...they think there hot as fuck and that gotta point out the bad things of other people

P.S. Im gunna get suspended for my langauge, arent i? =[

Haha. Dan gon get youu!

But seriously.. I only allow myself a minute, but I still look in mirrors, but just to check for whiteheads. I get the bastards that like to show up in the middle of the day while working or chillin with friends.

The thing is, I CANT stop looking, im obsessed trying to see if its ever gona make any improvement :( i feel like shit though.

I do the same thing i look in mirrors trying to figure out if this is something thats gonna get better, or whether its something id better learn to live with.

I really, really hate looking in the tinted windows of my car. It always makes my acne scars look 10 times worse, and it gets me so depressed.

I used to be horrible with mirrors... I would look in them wayyy too much just constantly worrying. A couple years back, I would actually stare at my skin for the longest time just crying my eyes out... and I would do that often. Luckily, I have gotten much better and don't look in the mirror AS much.

for me mirrors are a toss-up.. in some light they can be very forgiving of ur imperfections, and in other light they can make u look like absolute shit. thats why on occasion ill visualize how i think i look, rather than face the reality of a mirror :shock:

or ill only bear to look at myself in my hall mirror, which tends to be the most flattering for some odd reason haha

I HATE looking at myself in a mirrors where the lighting in the background is fluroscent. Tt makes the coloring stand out. And if I look at myself in the mirror close-up, I tend to feel ugly.

Okay..I've heard of being obsessive compulsive and the anxiety stuff if u have acne...But am the only perosn who DOESN'T like looking in mirrors...The last time i looked at a close-up of my face was probably 3 years ago wen i was clear...I just cant stand looking at my face like this...Im curious to know if anyone does the same thing...let me no

I look in mirrors a lot when I'm alone the thing that I really can't stand is looking at mirrors with other people and seeing their perfectly clear skin compared to mine.. whenever I'm standing in front of a mirror with someone else my eyes look elsewhere other then my face, this is why I HATE getting my haircut when my skin is bad.

Guest TylerD

I look in the mirrors at my house, but mirrors in cars or at school or outside I cant stand grrrr. Makes me look horrible!!!!

I look in mirrors a lot when I'm alone the thing that I really can't stand is looking at mirrors with other people and seeing their perfectly clear skin compared to mine.. whenever I'm standing in front of a mirror with someone else my eyes look elsewhere other then my face, this is why I HATE getting my haircut when my skin is bad.

Did u ever think about wat ur barber is thinkin while he/she is cuttin ur hair?

-Like...DAMN THIS KIDS FACE LOOKS LIKE SHIT

Alisa Lucente, I'm the same way. I'm just looking for an improvement or I keep touching my face so if any acne pimples pop up I know they're coming so I feel better about it since I didn't get my hopes up. (I know touching it only makes it worse but I can't stop. :( )

I loathe going by a mirror. The only time I can really tolerate it is when the lights are dim and I can't see my skin too much. I hate looking in the mirror in natural lighting (I get ready in a semi-dark room), in fluorescent lighting, and especially car mirrors.. UGH! As another poster mentioned, I can't stand getting my hair done because I have to stare at my face inthe mirror. I have tried explaining this to my boyfriend, but he just thinks I'm crazy, lol. (He doesn't understand how it feels, because he has always had amazingly nice skin.) I can't wait until I go on Accutane at the end of this month...