Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazychick320

Make up and summer!!

Hi i'm going on holiday 2 weeks on wednesday and was wondering if anyone had any make up tips while i'm there! In this country it all just sweats off, so obviously in Cyprus its going to be 10 times worse!! I have mild acne, mainly scars that i do prefer to cover for own self confidence. I dont want to look caked, and look like its sweating off everywhere, as its awful!!! Thanks for any help x

Heya crazychick!

I am so jealous u r going to Cyprus!! Hope u have fun there.

My advice would be to obviously only cover up your scars and not to put a full face of make-up on. I would have to say buy some Demablend Covercreme and Dermablend setting powder which makes your foundation waterproof and stays on well! But don't put it all on ur face as it can block your pores I think because it is such a thick foundation! Or if i were you I would forget about the make-up completly because u won't know anyone on holiday anyway and u will never see them again so just try and relax and have fun! :) Also.. what I do to help keep make-up natural and not caked is to put tons of lose powder on and keep it there for a few minutes to settle in... I find it helps. I use DR. Hauschka lose powder and its really gd!! x x x x

Thanks for your help and advice, Charlotte_88. Usually i don't wear make up in the day on holiday at all but this time i'm going with a large group - my boyfriends family to be honest, and of course i want to look my best hehe! I think i will try that dermablend, is it really good and waterproof then?

Yes, Dermablend is waterproof. Just make sure to set it with the Setting Powder for a few minutes. Then when you perspire, get oily or after swimming, just gently blot without rubbing. (I find the coarse paper towels found in public washrooms are the best to blot off any excess oils.) I also find it is better to blot off oils frequently rather than just occassionally. That way your application will look intact and it doesn't give the oils a chance to break down the Dermblend.

Another tip I saw on a recent TV show is to avoid heavy makeups and foundatins but, rather, to use a self tanner in the summer to add color to the skin and camouflage imperfections. Then, for the heavier scars, use the Dermablend and Setting Powder. Note: you should experiment with different brands of self-tanners to find one that is the most compatible and develops naturally with your skin's chemistry (each brand contains different ingredients which react differently on your skin thereby giving varied results).

Also with self-tanner you just need to reapply every few days and you don't need to worry about it sweating, melting or rubbing off like makeup (yes, as good as Dermablend is, it can still be "displaced"). And you can wake up looking as nice as you did during the day!

Bottom line: go minimalist, worry less and enjoy the vacation, the locale and the people.