Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sverd

Not eating for a few days

I just have a little bit of acne on each cheek that I know would take like 2 days to clear up. The problem is it comes back in that same area every single time I eat. I'm thinking of not eating for a few days just to let those 2 areas clear up a bit.

I just have a little bit of acne on each cheek that I know would take like 2 days to clear up. The problem is it comes back in that same area every single time I eat. I'm thinking of not eating for a few days just to let those 2 areas clear up a bit.

You 'may' find you get more acne as your body will switch to detox mode, however if your liver can handle excess toxins then you should be ok. Try it, results will guide you.

Guest ilovepancakes

:wall:

this is the most crazy thing ive ever heard. first of all, when you starve yourself you lose 2/3 muscle and 1/3 fat, which is terrible for your health. your body needs nutrients to survive, if you have acne then treat it, but dont destroy your body. i dont think starving yourself will affect your acne at all. ??if the csr regimine isnt working you could see a derm????

:wall:

this is the most crazy thing ive ever heard. first of all, when you starve yourself you lose 2/3 muscle and 1/3 fat, which is terrible for your health. your body needs nutrients to survive, if you have acne then treat it, but dont destroy your body. i dont think starving yourself will affect your acne at all. ??if the csr regimine isnt working you could see a derm????

Your body will burn fat over muscle. Its enevitable you will lose some muscle not eating but not at this ratio.

No offense, but why bother?

You can't stop eating, so why bother only doing it for a few days? There's no solution in that.

:shrugs: Maybe it's just me, but if I'm searching for a solution to my acne, I search for something that I can work with long term, something that is feasible....things like not eating is not feasible. So why bother?

Instead of stopping to eat for 2 days consider consuming large amounts of vegetables including plenty of avocado, fruit, chickpeas and lentis etc. Drink only water and/or smoothies. See if you skin develops any new acne. You can help cleanse your body that way as well, it doesn't have to be days worth of fasting for everyone.

Maybe you are allergic/intolerant to the food you're eating. Clean up your diet and see if that acne still comes back. Stay away from bread (wheat and gluten), sugars, and dairy for a week and see if it all clears. It's worth a shot, and it's better than starving yourself.

Maybe you are allergic/intolerant to the food you're eating. Clean up your diet and see if that acne still comes back. Stay away from bread (wheat and gluten), sugars, and dairy for a week and see if it all clears. It's worth a shot, and it's better than starving yourself.

:) Great advice. You listed all the things my skin is senstive to there.

:) Great advice. You listed all the things my skin is senstive to there.

Same, if you love milk try culturing it, I found I could tolerate it alot better. However I like the taste of fresh milk over cultured milk to this day. I go to a local farm for my goats milk...when I pull up and see the goats I think to myself 'im drinking your milk'.

I agree with jodiat that you'll be fine but don't make the mistake of not drinking either, you need lot of water if you abstain from solid food

To the others: not eating or few days is not "starving" but "fasting"

Starvation occurs when the body has burned most of its fat and its muscle and next things to come are vital organs. During shot term fasting the body utilizes its own fat deposits and lean body tissue but before even catabolizing muscles the body will first catabolize superfluos connective tissue and aging/diseased tissues

Short term fasting have been known as a healing procedures for centuries but also it has been known to reverse aging. Nowaday its known that caloric restriction increases life expectancy reversing both physical and aestetical aging. The reason is that during caloric restriction or fasting the body catabolizes old tissues, in order words recycles itself increasing the turnover and renewing of skin, organs, glands and even bones and this is helped by the decreased amount of free radicals created during the digestive process

it's true that people who try to "lose weight" indiscriminately by consuming less calories than their BMR and keeping an active lifestyle lose weight by burning more muscles than fats, but it is a long-term process lasting 12 months or even years. Fasting is alway short term and when it is going to last more than few days supervision on specialized clinics is necessary

unlike what we're told the body doesn't run out of anything even if we skip breakfast or don't supply our body with protein every hours. Vitamins are stored up to 30 days, free essential amino acids are stored up to 12 days after which the body burns its own less-important or aged/diseased tissues (yes, including tumors) calcium too is stored for 30 days not to mention that good mineral waters provides minerals and vitamins. it's a myth that we need to eat often to have a regular supply of amino acids but it is true that it helps to keep blood sugar stable and it's normal during fasting to feel a bit light-headed and having mild hypoglycemia symptoms

If our body was so dependant on perfect eating timing and schedule that missing eating for few days would kill us or create huge inbalances we would be all extinct by now. Fasting is a known practice among sick animals too

Less severe forms of fasting like just eating home-made vegetable broth without salt and vegetable juices are great too and may be indicated for unexperienced people who may not tolerate the symptoms of fasting

It's also important to break the fast even when it lasts just two days with easy to digest foods and in small quantities. Breaking the fast with meat, hot-dog, french-fries, pasta, sweet, eggs, ice-creams would just irritate the gastict tract and the stomach and would ruin whatever good made the fasting procedure

A good non-mambo-jumbo book about therapeutic fasting and its advantages written by a doctor:

Fasting and Eating for Life

Chapter about fasting from a great heath book written by doctor

Fasting

Here Dr. Moser decribes the benefits of fasting and her own 56 days long fasting

She's a doctor and had the instruments and supervision necessary to make her fasting safe

I don't believe that unsupervised fasting from people who are experienced with the subject should last more than 3 days. But I believe that even fasting one day a month could bring profound heath benefits with time

Agreed. Detoxing is a yearly ritual for me, this year im doing 2, in september im going to post here how im going/doing on it. Following what Danny said you should be ok, if your going alot longer adding p+b shakes is also helpful to reduce detox symptoms.

And that's why we don't die while we have the flu, eh? lol.

what? :think:

Being sick is sort of like a fast that your body is forcing on you to get rid of toxins.

Being sick is sort of like a fast that your body is forcing on you to get rid of toxins.

Yep its the principle behind most if not all flu's. The body raises its core temperature and apetite is lowered. This is why lemons and steam bowels help to remove mucus and toxins.

Yes that's true ... I have always thought that it is stupid trying to "cure" a flu by lowering the fever or stimulating the appettite, when both killing appetite and raising the body temperature are the body cure against the real illnesses and not the illnesses itself.