Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
normangel

Normangel's Post-Tane Journal

Day 3 post-tane

Welcome to my post tane experience. ;)

Today is day three of my life after Accutane. Amazingly enough, my cracked and bleeding lips are about 60 percent better already. My lips really have taken a beatting the past 5 months. Everything else is pretty much the same. I am obsessing over the return of oil. I keep looking at my hair and face trying to find any changes but like I said its only me obsessing because they are both very dry.

This morning I woke up stiff as ever....my joints did not want to bend and my muscles just ache. That has been my worst side effect through out my course. Needless to say, its just a sign that even though I am not taking the drug, it is still working inside me. Next Thursday I have a derm appt. so he can look at my skin. I won't be needing any blood work...not for another month. I suppose we will be discussing maintanance for my skin. I know he wants me to have a series of glycolic peels which is alright with me however, I am hoping its only once a month because they are costly ($200 each) and my insurance of course does not cover that. He had also mentioned the last time I saw him that I would go on retin A or tazorac. I prefer tazorac. Tazorac worked much better for me in the past.

Anyway, I will post every few days and let you all know how I am doing. Until next time........

Be well, Be safe and be CLEAR :D

Ang

Angel,

Welcome to the post-Tane club! Our number seems to be growing and we are a happy lot! I hope things continue to go well for you.

P&W

P&W:

" Our number seems to be growing and we are a happy lot!"

Yes, I believe our number is growing, however, for every one post taner there seems to be 10 new tane journeys logged on this site. I hope we can motivate and support each and every one of them :D

Update:

Well I am well into my first post tane week and things have not changed. I did run out of my cetephil cleansing bar which I have used the whole time while on Accutane. The drugstore ran out so I ended up purchasing Aveeno moisturizing bar. I really like the way it makes my skin feel. Actually, I like it much better than the cetaphil bar cleanser. My skin is still very dry, no oil in sight...YAYYYYYYY!! I know, I know...soon enough.

So far, everything is looking good here on my end so I guess it's not much of an update. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks for reading!

Angela

Paul:

I was really achey over the weekend. I think its too soon to tell at this point. My aches and pains are more sparatic than they were 4 weeks ago but they are still there. Thanks for asking :)

How's YOU?? I hope well....

Be well,

Ang

Hiya, good to hear you're doing ok after, shame there's still the aches there though. I'm still on the accutane, but the aches and pains are probably the main side effect for me (not sure if its as I'm older as well, so some of it would be there anyway just not as much). One thing I do every morning which seems to help is get some mild exercise, basically a warm up (rather than anything heavy duty). Aches tend to have gone after that, but sometimes they come back if I've been lounging about and they've been still for ages.

Interested if anyones found anything else that helps even slightly with it as well?

I also dread the oil coming back! (Partly because I think if the oil comes back the skin problems are more likely too). Should be a forum just for oil phobics or something :). I think most people say it comes back, but not as bad. I'm trying to change my diet, how I wash etc, while I'm on it in the hope that when I come off it won't be too bad. Ho hum :)

I think my aches and pains were gone in the 1-2 month range post-Tane.

I am also oil-ophobic, but I read recently that even if the oil returns, the Accutane still has a positive effect by keeping your pores open. So it's very likely to become oily again (bummer) and still be clear. I'd like to be both dry and clear, but clear is a great outcome! My oil (after 12 weeks) is back, but not nearly at pre-Tane levels.

P&W

Hiya, good to hear you're doing ok after, shame there's still the aches there though. I'm still on the accutane, but the aches and pains are probably the main side effect for me (not sure if its as I'm older as well, so some of it would be there anyway just not as much). One thing I do every morning which seems to help is get some mild exercise, basically a warm up (rather than anything heavy duty). Aches tend to have gone after that, but sometimes they come back if I've been lounging about and they've been still for ages.

Interested if anyones found anything else that helps even slightly with it as well?

I also dread the oil coming back! (Partly because I think if the oil comes back the skin problems are more likely too). Should be a forum just for oil phobics or something :). I think most people say it comes back, but not as bad. I'm trying to change my diet, how I wash etc, while I'm on it in the hope that when I come off it won't be too bad. Ho hum :)

Thanks for stopping by Wibble :D LOL I agree that perhaps some of the aches and pains are due to age but...........I'm gonna blame it alll on Accutane (I refuse to get old :naughty: ). "I've fallen and I can't get up" sounds better due to a drug I took than because of my age :redface:

Nice to meet ya!!

Ang

Hey Ang... Congrats on finishing your course :dance::dance: I'm about a month behind ya! (unless my derm decides to extend me another month) I'll be keeping up on your post tane progress!! :wub: Jules

hey ang...

naw, the aches and pains are entirely due to Accutane, trust me. you're still a bubbly young sweetie, don't worry! :D

Paul

hey ang...

naw, the aches and pains are entirely due to Accutane, trust me. you're still a bubbly young sweetie, don't worry! :D

Paul

HaHa, hope so Paul ;)

UPDATE

It has been 11 days since my last pill and I am seeing steady improvement. I have no oil yet but my pores are getting tighter and smaller which is a very good thing. Those two original little pains in the butt that I had (old unhealed pimples) are now fading and healing quite nicely. Not much more to say...I am happy and my skin is still improving even after stopping the meds. :dance::dance:

Luck to all,

Ang

Hi Angel! Sounds like things are going well for you post tane!

I am really scared about the oil coming back after I am done with this treatment. Did you have oily skin before? When I had to cut down my dosage during the first month (ipledge) the oil came back! I really hope it doesn't, at least not to the extent that it was.

I was also wondering if you have any scars that it has helped.

Thanks,

K

Hi Angel! Sounds like things are going well for you post tane!

I am really scared about the oil coming back after I am done with this treatment. Did you have oily skin before? When I had to cut down my dosage during the first month (ipledge) the oil came back! I really hope it doesn't, at least not to the extent that it was.

I was also wondering if you have any scars that it has helped.

Thanks,

K

Hi K-

Yes, things are going pretty well and I have yet for any oil to appear on my face. I had oily skin before but I have noticed my hair isn't as dry anymore. About scars....I do have some ice pick scars on my face but they don't bother me as much as they would some people. I would rather have scars than dealing with active cysts. My pores have become smaller and tighter which is a very good thing. All in all, I am very satisfied with my results.

Don't you worry about oil...you have many dry days ahead of you and I am sure you will have great improvement by the time you finish your course :D

Clear days ahead!!

Ang

Six weeks post tane

How is everyone at acne.org???

Sorry it has been awhile but as I always say "life gets in the way!" I am doing great so far. I am 100% clear and there is just enough oil to make my skin look smooth. Quit the change considering the dryness I experienced on tane. I am very happy. My red spots are barely there and not there at all with a little B.E. mineral make up.

My last blood work showed my triglycerides back down to 88 so that was good news. I am now starting new products that my derm thinks I need to use. Now that the acne is gone we're going for the cosmetic tactics for my skin. I now use TNS recovery complex both in the a.m. and the p.m. I am using Retin A at night and Skin Ceuticals C E Ferulic in the mornings. I have to admit that TNS although expensive ($130 for a four week supply), it does wonders for the skin and I would highly recommend it. I am also having a glycolic peel once a month. Combined, this is a pretty expensive program for me but I can really see the results.

I hope everyone is doing well. Good luck to you all.

Ciao'

Angela

PS: I almost forgot....all my aches and pains are gone!! YEAH! :dance:

Congrats Angie :dance: Sounds like things are going really well for you. I'm going into my last month right now, can't wait to be finished.

Angel,

That's a great report! No breakouts and no side effects - couldn't be better. I can't say I've been 100% clear, but I'm clear enough to be very satisfied. Thanks for updating and please keep us posted!

P&W

October 23,2006

Good morning to all! I know it has been awhile. I am almost 3 months post tane. My skin is awesome and still improving on texture and color. I am awfully pale though. I have yet to dare myself to go in the sun. I am still using TNS recovery complex. I recommend this to anyone. It is quite expensive but of course good ole Ebay to the rescue where I have found a trustworthy seller who sells it to me 2 bottle for the price of a single bottle at my derms office. Also, I am using retinA and skinceuticals CE serum. My pores have shrunk dramatically and are still getting smaller and that is very exciting. I have no active pimples-none, zero, nada!!! :dance: I have a persistant red mark which is improving. I have hopes that it will fade completely.

P&W, Bushie, firegurl, jules and all the rest. I am glad to read that you are all doing well. Unfortunately, my son was in a bad car accident and that has had me away from here. He is doing much better. He has surgery on Wednesday for his knee, wrist and shoulder and then god willing its full speed for recovery ahead. Great news is that he's here with me and good news is we were able to get a multiple offense drunk driver off the road for the next 5 years. (Bastard!)

I wish you all the best. To all who read this I say this.....When life seems to be worthless believe you me that it is more precious than one can ever imagine.

Ciao'

Angela ;)

Hi, Angela. Congrats on finishing!

One of the reasons I went on accutane was to get off of all the topicals and antibiotics. Why is your derm putting you on topicals? What is he trying to accomplish? I think if I was offered topicals I would have to refuse because I hated them. I was constantly peeling and red. Oh, and they didn't do anything for my cystic acne.

Just curious. I noticed lots go on topicals after accutane and I don't understand why.

Platinum