Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
saddoll

way of treating nodule/cyst that has worked for me

whenever i get a big bump on my skin that feels so hard, and that u know theres no way any whitehead is gonna come up bc its just too deep... a cyst/nodule.. watever its called.. i found out that, at least for me, it can never flatten out on its own if u leave it there.. no matter wat kind of medication u put on it.. it'll just stay hard and red and painful and annoys the hell out of u..

if this happens to u too.. try this:

sterilize a needle with alcohol and poke at the cyst (the HARDEST point of ur cyst, sometimes it shows by having a red dot on it).. i know it hurts like hell... but if u poke it accurately enough, a massive amount of blood will rush out of the hole that u created and thats the stuff thats making it bumpy and hard and painful... it doesnt necessarily have to be white/yellow pus..

if u poke it and theres little or no blood coming out.. that means that uve probably didnt puncture "the spot" or that the cyst has not developed far enough... DO NOT attempt to poke it a second time right away, wait till the next day or sth..

the key is.. if u poke it with a needle, and a stream of blood comes rushing out.. then its a success

usually when that happens, my cyst flattens out almost completely in the next two days

if i dont needle it.. it usually stays there for a painfully long time

i dont know if thats a healthy way of curing cysts, but at least it works for me!

good luck guys!

Doesnt that leave a really nasty scar??

for me it doesnt! cuz its not like ure squeezing it.. ure just poking it with a fine needle.. if it doesnt work the first time.. ill still look the same the next day, not worse.. cuz the hole is sooo small.. itll heal back in hrs.. but if when u poke it and u see a lot of blood rushing out like its been trapped there.. then the next day, everythings only gonna be better.. the cyst would deflate cuz the stuff is out.. and a few days later, it'll be smooth to the touch again.. but of course, there'll be a brown spot where the cyst used to be.. but that will fade away eventually...

to me thats better than having a HUGE PAINFUL BUMP that takes MONTHS to disappear on its own..

at least it works for me

(this advice is only for ppl who have an occasional cyst or two. DON'T DO IT if u have a severe problem with cyst/nodules.. going to a derm would be the only way i think.)

gdluck!

it might, but i did it to a HUGE cyst i had on my cheek that was about 2 inches in diameter...poked it 3 times in soft spots, blood came out, but it flattened out within that week.

That is the dumbest idea i ever heard..It aint worth it...Wat if u slip and slice ur eye open

GO TO THE DOCTOR...GET CORTISONE SHOT...its as simple as that

u wouldnt slice ur eye open!!! i said "gently" poke it... i didnt say its the best/smartest way... but the truth is... it works for me.. every single time...

i was just thinking if it helped me, then maybe it would help other ppl too..

That is the dumbest idea i ever heard..It aint worth it...Wat if u slip and slice ur eye open

I read the posts you leave on this forum and I have to the conclusion that you are a dumbass sir.

I read the posts you leave on this forum and I have to the conclusion that you are a dumbass sir.

saddoll, i do this also, it is kind of gross and painful, but it makes it go away much faster. and yes, there is a scar, but then if you put retin a and hydroquinone, it will be gone and a week and a flat brown mark is way easier to cover and less painful. doesn't look nice in the light though, lol.

saddoll, i do this also, it is kind of gross and painful, but it makes it go away much faster. and yes, there is a skin, but then if you put retin a and hydroquinone, it will be gone and a week and a flat brown mark is way easier to cover and less painful. doesn't like nice in the light though, lol.

yea especially if ure a girl.. makeup on the flattened cyst looks wayyy better than that on a HUGE LUMP...like when ur cyst is flat and brown.. u can put concealer right onto it and then put a layer of foundation on top.. ur skin will look flawless again..

if u leave it as it is.. the cyst will cause ur face to look swollen, almost like its punched.. for a loooong time

do retinoids get rid of cysts :S?

also do cortisone shots scar?

sorry ive not heard of retinoids and cortisone shots before.. :confused:

can anyone answer these questions???

do retinoids get rid of cysts :S?

also do cortisone shots scar?

I've been using RAM for 2 weeks now... I had a huge cyst on my chin when I started and now it's much smaller and almost 100% flat. Don't know whether it's the RAM or not, but I never messed with it. Also I had a nodule next to my nose and after a week of the RAM the nodule came to the surface or something... it was a little strange, but it's gone.

hasn't your derm ever done this for you? mine did (she used a scalpel). didn't work for me, but i guess it might for some. cortisone shots didn't work for me either though...

Scalpel! crazy

Arent you afraid that your going to put the needl ein too deep? I like the idea cuz i got three zits on my chest thats lingered for a month. They're the only ones and yet they suck.

Scalpel! crazy

Arent you afraid that your going to put the needl ein too deep? I like the idea cuz i got three zits on my chest thats lingered for a month. They're the only ones and yet they suck.

ohh i had one on my back a few days ago and i cured it by the needling method! it was so painful before.. very hard.. and had a red head right in the middle of it.. it constantly felt like its burning or sth... i took a very fine needle... and gently poke the red spot.. maybe 3mm deep? when it took the needle out, it was bleeding like crazy.. like the stuff had been dying to come out.. then after the blood stopped rushing.. i cleaned the area with an oxy acne pad and then apply some 2%BP on top of it.. the next day i woke up, the cyst already looked half as small... now, 3 days later, i cant even feel it.. just a 3mm brown sport left..compared to it being 1.5cm before i punctured it.

I've needled a cyst before too. I used to do it all the time when I was much younger.

If you needle, be prepared for scars. I find that a mix of neosporin and cortisone cream helps with the healing. But even that doesn't always prevent scars. I really don't recommend this strategy.

Right now I'm dealing with some awful cysts on my forehead. I'm going to resist needling because scars there look worse than on other parts of the face I think, so I'm scared.

I don't think my derm would give me a good price on a cortisone shot. He won't do anything for free and always wants to charge both me AND the insurance company for stuff. I don't like him at all.

I've needled a cyst before too. I used to do it all the time when I was much younger.

If you needle, be prepared for scars. I find that a mix of neosporin and cortisone cream helps with the healing. But even that doesn't always prevent scars. I really don't recommend this strategy.

Right now I'm dealing with some awful cysts on my forehead. I'm going to resist needling because scars there look worse than on other parts of the face I think, so I'm scared.

I don't think my derm would give me a good price on a cortisone shot. He won't do anything for free and always wants to charge both me AND the insurance company for stuff. I don't like him at all.

does it always leave scars?? i donno.. for me, some of my needled cysts have vanished completely.. a few is still pigmented, even tho theyre flat.. but then theyre still kinda new..

so where can one get neosporin and cortisone cream??

and u should get another derm! ur derm cares more about the $$$ than his patients.....!!!

i'd like to know where you can get cortisone cream from as well.

i might get some neosporin from ebay as it's not available in the UK and there is no similar product.

i'd like to know where you can get cortisone cream from as well.

i might get some neosporin from ebay as it's not available in the UK and there is no similar product.

You can get cortisone cream at Walgreens and Target here in the US. I would imagine you could find it at Boots too. It's usually next to the bandaids and stuff like that. In the US the neosporin will be in the same place.

No, the needling doesn't always leave scars. Just sometimes . . . sigh. I hate cysts!

My derm is totally lame. But it was such an ordeal just to get to see him. My insurance company is very stingy. I am thinking about paying out of pocket just to find a good derm.

don't do that, I have scars from doing what you did

It worked intially but then they spread and got red and purple and infected so I had to let it heal on its own trying to pop it made it worst

You can get cortisone cream at Walgreens and Target here in the US. I would imagine you could find it at Boots too. It's usually next to the bandaids and stuff like that. In the US the neosporin will be in the same place.

unlikely as it's a steroid cream and will probably require a prescription over here. can you tell me what the product names and brands are so i can do a search please?

don't mess with cysts or nods. Everytime I have they just swell up and take longer to heal. And, sadly I've popped a few too. Even though it's satisfying to relieve the pressure and pain, they always become inflammed again later, and then the red marks take longer to go away.

Also, I had a few cortisone shots once, one scarred a little. I'm not sure if it's just a redmark but it's been awhile and all the other ones have faded completely.

There's no way I would put a pin in a cyst or nodule. The only thing that has ever worked for me is to apply ice as often as possible until I can get to a doctor for a steroid or cortisone shot. The cyst breaks up in about 48 hours. Worse case scenario, if too much steroid is used you can get a "thumbprint effect" (it looks like someone pressed their thumb against the spot) that can be slightly noticed. Other than that, the best long term thing to do is to just leave it alone.

I can't take it anymore, I have had one cyst on my cheek since Feb and another just close to it since April. These two stupid bumps that come and go with pain and redness. Other then that my face it totally clear.

I went and had a shot in the first one in May, it did nothing. Do you think because she only used 1/8th strength instead of 1/4 that it did not help me?

I am going to another Derm tomorrow to see what they can do. They are inflamed right now and hurt too. Looks like I got punched and all puffy. I hope the derm can give me a couple shots and these things go down.

If they offered a needling I would take it, I just want these flat - I don't care so much about flat marks.

is there anything I should ask for from the derm in terms of topicals/prescriptions?

thx