Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
speckle

Im trying the 3 day salmon diet

I got this idea initially from another post on here. Then after doing some research i got the Pericone 3 day diet.

Its eating salmon morning lunch and tea for three days straight. It has been described as a "facelift from the fridge". I dont need a facelift, but apparently its not only good for your complexion, but its great for acne.

Anyway, below is the diet ill be eating for the next three days. I'll update this post on my progress.

If anyone has tried this please comment.

Breakfast

3 egg omelet and/or 4-6 oz. grilled salmon

(I do not recommend smoked salmon or lox on the three-day diet because of the salt intake)

½ cup cooked oatmeal (not instant)

(Cooked oatmeal is a great source of fiber, low glycemic carbohydrates)

2� wedge of cantaloupe or 1/3 cup fresh berries

(Cantaloupe is very hydrating to the skin and contains important antioxidants – blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries are high in antioxidants)

No Juice, No Coffee or Toast

(If you normally drink large amounts of coffee, drink black or green tea to prevent caffeine withdrawal)

8-12 oz. spring water

(Per meal)

Lunch

4 – 6 oz. grilled salmon

(Option: you can also use canned salmon and mix a little mayo and fresh squeezed lemon)

2 cups green salad made with romaine lettuce garnish or other dark leafy greens

Dressing: extra virgin olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon to taste

1 kiwi fruit or cantaloupe and berries as above

8 – 12 oz. spring water

Snack

1 apple

2 oz. slice of turkey breast or 6 oz. plain yogurt

Small handful of hazelnuts, walnuts or almonds

(Great source of fatty acids and folic acid)

Dinner

4-6 oz. fresh grilled salmon

Green salad (as described above)

½ cup steamed veggies

(Especially asparagus, broccoli, spinach, etc. NO root vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, beets, parsnips, etc)

Cantaloupe and berries

8 –12 oz. spring water

Before Bedtime Snack

1 pear or apple

2 oz. sliced chicken or turkey breast or 6 oz. plain yogurt

• Drink at least 8 glasses of pure water per day. Feel free to squeeze fresh lemon into the water if desired

• Always eat protein first

• For optimal results, do not substitute any foods on the list

Sound good!! Let us know how this works ... I would suggest to take a before and after picture so you can notice better if there was any improvement

Are you going to use extra virgin olive oil on the salmon too?

I just put extra virgin olive oil because I found all foods bland without oil, how can you eat salmon without dressing it?

Olive oil is good for the skin too

I got this idea initially from another post on here. Then after doing some research i got the Pericone 3 day diet.

Its eating salmon morning lunch and tea for three days straight. It has been described as a "facelift from the fridge". I dont need a facelift, but apparently its not only good for your complexion, but its great for acne.

Anyway, below is the diet ill be eating for the next three days. I'll update this post on my progress.

If anyone has tried this please comment.

Breakfast

3 egg omelet and/or 4-6 oz. grilled salmon

(I do not recommend smoked salmon or lox on the three-day diet because of the salt intake)

½ cup cooked oatmeal (not instant)

(Cooked oatmeal is a great source of fiber, low glycemic carbohydrates)

2� wedge of cantaloupe or 1/3 cup fresh berries

(Cantaloupe is very hydrating to the skin and contains important antioxidants – blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries are high in antioxidants)

No Juice, No Coffee or Toast

(If you normally drink large amounts of coffee, drink black or green tea to prevent caffeine withdrawal)

8-12 oz. spring water

(Per meal)

Lunch

4 – 6 oz. grilled salmon

(Option: you can also use canned salmon and mix a little mayo and fresh squeezed lemon)

2 cups green salad made with romaine lettuce garnish or other dark leafy greens

Dressing: extra virgin olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon to taste

1 kiwi fruit or cantaloupe and berries as above

8 – 12 oz. spring water

Snack

1 apple

2 oz. slice of turkey breast or 6 oz. plain yogurt

(Great source of fatty acids and folic acid)

Dinner

4-6 oz. fresh grilled salmon

Green salad (as described above)

½ cup steamed veggies

(Especially asparagus, broccoli, spinach, etc. NO root vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, beets, parsnips, etc)

Cantaloupe and berries

8 –12 oz. spring water

Before Bedtime Snack

1 pear or apple

2 oz. sliced chicken or turkey breast or 6 oz. plain yogurt

• Drink at least 8 glasses of pure water per day. Feel free to squeeze fresh lemon into the water if desired

• Always eat protein first

• For optimal results, do not substitute any foods on the list

dude, I hope that it works for u. I too am in a diet buut I oonly consume veggies coz I heard that sugar also causes acne so i also avoid fruits.

hope urs workk?

goodluck n be ACNE frree soon..

When I used to eat salmon I couldnt stop farting. I did seem an improvment in my skin when I used to eat fish.

Canned Salmon; wouldnt be as fresh, would probably contain more salt and would not be as prime bits as the packaged variety because that needs to look visually appealing.

On that note, are you using free range or organic salmon?

Very interested in this as a overall healhty diet. Am sceptical about its suggested extreme effects, heard about it being the buzz of New York, however for a overall health/complextion boost it may have some credibility.

Keep us posted.

hey, good going, I'm not going on the 3 day diet but i'm going to start eating alot more salmon.

Out of interest, are you using wild salmon? Wild salmon have access to some sort food source which gives them their red colour (can't remember what it is, sorry), it is also this same chemical which is supposed to have some effect on complexion (as far as I'm aware). Farmed salmon don't have access to this food source, and are therefore never naturally red, if farmed salmon is red it contains artificial colourings, its quite common apparently.

I think theres something 'fishy' about the canned salmon. It seems to be really hard to digest, maybe its just me.

Well i got one day over. I took some pictures this morning, after two more days ill take some more to see if it works.

I just started with my canned tuna diet today. I had it for breakfast and it's one of the hardest foods to eat (this was my first time eating tuna in my life). It took me like 30 minutes to finish the can. It feels like eating dirt but moisturized. I am doing it for it's protein and weight gain mostly. But, I heard it's good for the skin too. 1 small can has 32.5 grams of protein!!!

:dance:

I think theres something 'fishy' about the canned salmon. It seems to be really hard to digest, maybe its just me.

Well i got one day over. I took some pictures this morning, after two more days ill take some more to see if it works.

I just started with my canned tuna diet today. I had it for breakfast and it's one of the hardest foods to eat (this was my first time eating tuna in my life). It took me like 30 minutes to finish the can. It feels like eating dirt but moisturized. I am doing it for it's protein and weight gain mostly. But, I heard it's good for the skin too. 1 small can has 32.5 grams of protein!!!

Don't you have to be careful about the mercury though?

Don't you have to be careful about the mercury though?

Mercury??? WTF??? No one told me about that!!!

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I know you're being sarcastic, but how much tuna can you have in a week? I thought it was just 3 servings but I dunno if that's true or not.

I wouldn't used canned salmon. $5 should get you enough for two big, FRESH servings every day. All I've been eating is salmon, salad, rice, beans, fruit, and a few other things and I'm seeing huuuuge improvement! You'll see results if you stay with it. No bread, no dairy, no sugar :)

I know you're being sarcastic, but how much tuna can you have in a week? I thought it was just 3 servings but I dunno if that's true or not.

I eat a can of tuna everyday for breakfast. I know it sounds disgusting and I am laughed at by coworkers but in the end I will be looking diesel and they will be fat slobs eating their delicious hamburgers and salty french fries while gulping a fantastic soda.

:ninja:

My weird new dermatologist told me to stop eating fish ENTIRELY because of mercury and PCBs.

I ate tons of salmon (having heard it's good for your skin), and apparently that's why I have elevated mercury levels in my blood.

Whatever that *actually* means as far as my skin goes, I have no idea. But I'm willing to listen, at least for a little while.

I tried to find some wild canned salmon at the health food store tonight, but no luck.

I'm going to try eating canned mackerel, I read that has low levels of mercury.

so what your saying is the derm did not tell you to stop eating fish entirely. the derm said don't eat fish with dangerous levels of mercury and pcb's.