Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greg06

smoothbeam questions (help please)

I had one smoothbeam treatment done in NC. I paid $350 and thought it would be done by a doctor but it turned out the doctor had the nurse do the smoothbeam treatment. I just feel ripped off since the treatment is so expensive. It seemed that she missed some critical areas too when she did it. Has anyone else had smoothbeam done for acne or scarring? Did a doctor perform your treatments? Please let me know. I am in NC and it seems there isn't any other office who provides the smoothbeam. Thanks!

I had one smoothbeam treatment done in NC. I paid $350 and thought it would be done by a doctor but it turned out the doctor had the nurse do the smoothbeam treatment. I just feel ripped off since the treatment is so expensive. It seemed that she missed some critical areas too when she did it. Has anyone else had smoothbeam done for acne or scarring? Did a doctor perform your treatments? Please let me know. I am in NC and it seems there isn't any other office who provides the smoothbeam. Thanks!

Hi. Hopefully the nurse that performed your treatment was an RN? I am an RN and work in a doctor's office. All I do is our laser procedures. She may have done a better job than the physician. I find the nurse's are patient and take their time. Are you doing the smooth beam for active break outs or scars? I find it works well for active acne but I use it in conjunction with the vbeam. I also love the results when we combine Levulan, vbeam, and clear or blue light to clear up active acne. Hint: next time ask for your pulse count, or just look at the screen and you can see it on the lower left corner. It should be between 200 to 300 for the face only if it is average size.

Guest yoyoma

I had mine originally for acne scarring...but i think my red marks benefitted the most...originally it was a $400/face treatment, I negotiated down to $250. This was when smoothbeam was still new (back in 2003)

you can see my gallery and judge for yourself.