Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MXracer

Is this normal with Retin-A

When I first started Retin-A along with Benzaclin my face became extremely clear and then broke out horribly, worse than ever before. Ever since then it's been a continuing cycle of my face recovering from this horrific breakout to the point of being almost clear and then breaking out horribly again. This has happened a good 4 times now. I've followed the program religiously and have been using both for about 5 weeks. This honestly sucks, everytime I see a light at the end of the tunnel I get sent straight back to acne hell. And this acne isn't the mild kind I got without Retin-A, it's far far worse. Somewhere in the range of 3-5x as bad as normal. I'm thinking of quitting, my face was far better off without the Retin-A than it is with. This is bullshit, and i'm sick of it. :angry:

just hang in there you have to wait at least 2 months to see some result i broke out really bad with cystic acne(and i never had cystic acne in my life)after the first 4 weeks of using it.now im glad i got all that crap out of my skin my scars are slowly fading and my face feels like a baby's butt

Why does it go up and down though?

That's not completely understood. Go to the Retin-A micro website retinamicro.com and it has a timeline of what to expect and when. In a few weeks you should be noticing a big difference if it's working.