Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peppers

Question about tea

Does it matter how long you let the tea bag soak for?? I drink green and black tea and usually let them sit in the water overnight or and hour or more during the day. I also don't use hot water just luke warm water. I don't care about taste I just want the health benefits, am I doing this wrong? I assumed the longer the tea bag stayed in the water the more good stuff would come out of it :)

Some swear by overnight in room temp water. Others say at least 5 minutes in water that is heated but not boiling. I haven't seen a difference either way. Not to say there isn't a difference. I'd be interesting to read a study done one this. I don't think one has been done though.

Common sense tell you overnight is better, but there may be a point after X amount of time of soaking at which it doesn't bring anything out of the teabag anymore. We know there is such a point but, when is it reached? I'd assume it happens faster in hotter water.

Also I bet it depends on kind of tea, or rather what's in the bag with tea, also depending on what part of the plant were talking about. Cammomile takes longer I'm almost sure of it.

Some swear by overnight in room temp water. Others say at least 5 minutes in water that is heated but not boiling. I haven't seen a difference either way. Not to say there isn't a difference. I'd be interesting to read a study done one this. I don't think one has been done though.

Common sense tell you overnight is better, but there may be a point after X amount of time of soaking at which it doesn't bring anything out of the teabag anymore. We know there is such a point but, when is it reached? I'd assume it happens faster in hotter water.

Also I bet it depends on kind of tea, or rather what's in the bag with tea, also depending on what part of the plant were talking about. Cammomile takes longer I'm almost sure of it.

hmm ok thanks for the help I'll continue to let them soak forever haha

actually a study has been done on this. My friend's dad is a cancer researcher so antioxidants are kind of his fourte. Leaving the tea bag in the water first of all makes the tea stronger. Higher in caffiene and tannins, so it will be slighty more bitter. Green tea should be brewed FRESH and consumed within 20 mins. After that time the benefits of the infusion is significantly lowered, the antioxidants break down. It is more technical than this but I'm not a scientist, the guy who told me this invented a cream which repairs the DNA of damged skin cells in skin cancer patients and is writing a book on the above subject, so I kind of trust him. my suggestion? drink your tea right after its been brewing for a few minutes, leave the tea bag in if you like the taste.