Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eat alone in the library instead of the cafeteria. Then I got caught and just fasted the entire day at school from then on.

I would take the long way back to my locker to avoid the main hallway.

My best friend used to park his car in my driveway because I lived close to school. As soon as school let out, I'd rush home to get there before him so I could hide and avoid being asked to go out. Sometimes he'd come into the house calling my name, looking to find me, but he never did. (Didn't check behind the couch).

My first year in college, my roommate used to go home on the weekends (thank god, he was so social), so I used to lock the door and not leave my dorm until Sunday night. On Sunday, I would get on my bike and ride to the student center where I could do homework and avoid running into him when he came back.

rough trip man. You need to learn to better deal with your situation. That kind of behavior is not healthy.

And even if your acne is the worst case on the planet, we all have to cope with our demons. Not to say I havent done stupid things to to avoid being seen. Like leave school to walk home on multiple occations. But hiding behind your couch from your best friend?? Or not leaving a room for 3 days?

i feel u on the library part

i would do that except i would go to sleep there

than i would make a new hiding spot i had pe i got dress real slow everyone would leave the locker room and i would stay in there until everyone left and go hide in the locker room restroom for lunch

i did this the whole 1st semester until my pih started to fade away when they put me on the obagi system

2nd semester i hang around the lockers isolated from everyone for lunch.

not a good way to spend a senior year :/

blah i dont think i even went to lunch once that year and my friend was begging me to go does but i was so self consious i couldnt be seen around lunch

that was very selfish of me now that i am thinking about it cause my two friends didnt really get the usually me out of a school year.

so yea u aint the only one he did weird shit.

Sometimes I got dropped off at school and simply went in the entrance door, walked all the way down the hall, and straight out the back door and then slowly home. :lol: I missed alot of school especially my junior and senior years.

absolutely done that exact same thing on a number of cocations.

Thats crazy...acne never really had an effect on my social life...but my case still is pretty bad...Ive just had the same friends since kindergarten and there always supportive...especially now im on accutane...It is a shame that u spent ur high school years that way...They are "SUPPOSED" to be the best years of ur life...Good luck i guess...lata

my attendance was terrible in school, i wore a ridiculous amount of make up which suffocated my skin and made it worse, quite a few times i stayed home, put on my uniform in the afternoon and when my mother came home from work i would inform her i had a good day at school.. :razz: she knew all about it in the end though..i also avoided french because ms.galagher always made us read at the top of the class and answer oral questions on the spot, i didnt like people having to look at me, so after lunch (we go home for lunch) id wait 40 mins before coming back to school because french was first class after lunch, come in through the main entrance and somehow mooch my way past the late arrivals desk( at which you put your name down and after 3 times you would get detention) without being seen...and into geography where neither we nor the teacher did anything much really.. i owe them about 30 hours worth of detention..

Heh, I'll never forget the things I used to do. About two or so years ago, I used to keep people Im walking with on whatever side of my face looks the best during that day, I used to pull hats down to my nose, I used to only come out in the night.. I avoided pictures, I would become extremely paranoid if the word " skin" was brought up in conversation..

Aww man, haha. I could go on all night.

Don't worry dude. Your not alone. I can also relate. I skipped a lot of school as well and hung out in classrooms at lunch by myself.

At least I didn't find highschool hard..

LOL i've done plenty, lets see what I can remember now before I fall asleep as its mad late here..

When I was 16, and I took drivers ED, I purposely moved the seat all the way up and squished myself in, so my face wouldn't be in front mirror for the other students in the back of the car to see.

When I went to work, I'd always sit as far away from everyone as possible, and I'd always try to sit at the last seat on the left, so everybody would be to my right, which was my better side.

I used to wear a hat alot because I felt it covered my acne alil bit (even though it didn't, but in a way it took focuse off my acne)

My junior yr of highschool i became a weirdo, before I even had acne I was embarrased to go to the lunch room because A Girl that I liked the previous yr and had a totally bad situation with was in the same lunch room and used to sit at the table next to me, so instead of going to lunch and sitting wit ma 1 friend or alone, I used to "cut" lunch and walk around the hallways, I got a bullshit detention in a public school twice that yr for cutting lunch :lol: . I never went to the detention and got away with it.

I made up a bunch of stupid reasons not to go out with friends.

A know I was a flat out weirdo but I just can't remember my stupid weird things.. im still socially weird in situations, i hate it.

And to that guy gangsta chris or whetver who said highschool is supposed to be your best years, I feel bad and get angry everytime I hear that because its true, and for me highschool flew by and was my worst years.

yea highschool wasnt to fun for me going back to complete my senior year

hopefully its going to be fun

maybe college will be funnier.

id also find ways to have people standing on my good side.

i eat lunch in the basement of my church across the street from my work.

i dont put my head under water at the pool, i just throw my head back and get my hair wet while no ones looking so they dont know im crazy.

when im putting on my makeup, i wash my hands every ten minutes or so.

i use toilet paper to dry my face and hands because im afraid washcloths will have too much bacteria in them.

i go to the bathroom to check on my face about every twenty minutes throughout the work day.

id wake up at 5:30 in the morning at girl scout camp so that i could apply my makeup before anyone else woke up.

people that ive had to stay in hotel rooms with (besides my family) think i take super long showers, but really the shower takes about 5 minutes, the rest of the time im sitting on the toilet (with the water switched to cold--dont want anything steaming up my compact mirror) putting on my makeup. id rather they think i just love to shower cause i hate people knowing that im stupidly obsessed with my face.

there are plenty more. i hate being a liar. one day, ill never feel like lying again. hopefully thatll be sooner rather than later.

My best friend used to park his car in my driveway because I lived close to school. As soon as school let out, I'd rush home to get there before him so I could hide and avoid being asked to go out. Sometimes he'd come into the house calling my name, looking to find me, but he never did. (Didn't check behind the couch).

:lol:

hahaha those are all way too funny

ok umm.. i used to eat at off-peak meal times, all the way in the corner of my dining hall so that no1 could have a good angle of my face from where they were sitting. o yea, plus this was the remote commuter dining hall that was the farthest from my dorm on campus.. well worth it tho lol

i would skip all my classes and became virtually nocturnal, lurking at nite muhahhaha

yup, made my fair share of bogus excuses to avoid friends

didn't get my hair cut in almost a year cause i was too afraid of those bright salon lights :snooty:

basically stayed in my dorm room all day, sleeping or some shit

pretty much took any measure to avoid running into anyone i might potentially know.. or just any living human being for that matter

oh, and id wash my face at abt 4 am so that id have the communal bathroom all to myself

wow.. my early college days sound absolutely wonderful *vomit*

Heh, I'll never forget the things I used to do. About two or so years ago, I used to keep people Im walking with on whatever side of my face looks the best during that day, I used to pull hats down to my nose, I used to only come out in the night.. I avoided pictures, I would become extremely paranoid if the word " skin" was brought up in conversation..

Aww man, haha. I could go on all night.

haha..the showing my better side while walking with someone move..ah yes indeed :lol:

people that ive had to stay in hotel rooms with (besides my family) think i take super long showers, but really the shower takes about 5 minutes, the rest of the time im sitting on the toilet (with the water switched to cold--dont want anything steaming up my compact mirror) putting on my makeup.

Cool idea, i'll use it in the future if I need to. :D

When I had my regular acne the only thing I avoided was getting my face wet. Last year I had a terrible cystic acne breakout and I withdrew from society completely until my skin got better (not the healthiest thing to do, would not recommend it)

But now w/ my scars I'm an expert in angles and also room lightening. I already know that if I lower my head my scars look deeper, also some of those stupid white artificial lights make your skin look like crap etc. You live, you learn.

Guest Michael Jackson

go to the bathroom a lot at school and not done stuff with friends.

Heh okay, I have quite a few.

Several times this year in school, I went in the library during lunch, making the excuse to my friends that I had a project to work on or something. But what I really did was sit in one of these little cubicle desks they have (so nobody could see me) and I would just hide there. Haha how pathetic. I did it because my cafeteria has a bunch of sunroofs, and most of it is natural lighting in there. Needless to say, I look terrible in that kind of light. Annnnd what is worse is that you are not allowed to eat in the library, so I wouldn't be able to eat till I got home. Completely nuts.

Another is that I would not go to the bathroom at school because I looked awful in the flourescent lighting. And there are alwwayyyss a bunch of girls in there, even during class. And I couldn't stand them seeing me look so bad. I practically ran to the bathroom when I got home.

I once BEGGED my mom to not take my picture because I hate the way I look in them. She took it anyway to kid around, and I started crying...really badly. Thaaaat was one of my lowest points.

Also, I did the dumb little things like wear wayyyy too much coverup to attempt to hide it, walk with my head down, not make eye contact, and avoid mirrors like the plague (at least when other people are around).

I have more, but you get the idea.

I still do a bit of that from time to time. But I have gotten better fortunately. Mostly because I realized how insane it all was.

Wow, some of you guys have had a rough time of it!

Strangely enough, I was most self-conscious of my acne when I only had a couple isolated pimples. Once they were pretty much omnipresent, I could put on makeup and deal. But when I first started getting pimples in sixth grade I'd do ridiculous things... My teacher even called home about it. :( I'd pull turtlenecks over the bottom half of my face if I had one pimple down there, or hold my head permanently to one side so my hair would swing over to hide a zit... *sigh* I must have looked like such a retard, I'm glad I got over that.

I guess the only hangup I have now is that I absolutely cannot wash my face or put on makeup in front of anybody else. It's kind of awkward in a hotel situation... Especially the choral trips I took in highschool, lol.

Whenever I looked in a mirror, I used to blink alot, so my eyes were opening and closing so quickly that I didn't have time to focus on my spots. It sounds silly now, but it made me feel better at the time.

I also used to have little bets with myself like I'd say 'If I can drink this glass of water in less than a minute, all my spots will go away, but if I don't do it, then I'll get three new ones.'

It's a shame it never worked :)

I have done almost all of these things plus more...

-when i was waitressing, we HAD to wear our hair up. i had a swollen nodule the size of a quarter right in front of my ear, kinda on my cheekbone. i put most of it up in a ponytail, and i let a huge piece fall in front of it and hairsprayed it into place so that there was no way it could move. in all honesty, it was better than dealing with it

-i was so sick of a cyst, i applied wart remover (salicylic acid) in the concentration of 17% directly to my face

-when walking by people, if i have a bad zit, i will act like i am coughing or scratching my face to cover it up for the instant

-i have taken makeup caked on one part of my face that was clear, scratched it off, and applied it to a zit when i had no makeup available

-i cut bangs at the perfect angle to cover a zit i had on and off for over a year now right inbetween my eyes

i still do some of this stuff if the zit is band enough. i only went to such extremes when i got these nasty cysts that bled/oozed constantly, and there was little i could do :(

High school bathroom mirrors = ick. Whenever I went in I would just NOT look in the mirrors.

I just pick at my face to no end, which is such a bad idea because now I have ice pick scarring everywhere. I've ditched work, ditched friends, not gone out with my boyfriend because I was ashamed, and most recently I ditched a job interview. So stupid. :/

-Sarah