Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
.maci.

i need help with acne

i've been dealing with acne since i was 10. and now i'm just really starting to get sick of it. i think i've tried almost everything that i could have tried. basically all over the counter cleansers. creams. you name it. i used it. the doctor put me on differin. and tazorac. now im on doxycycline and taking it 2 times daily. sometimes 3 or 4 depending on how horrible my face is broke out. and now im on pro-active too. and i still look like one huge zit. basically i just want something that is going to get rid of my acne so people dont shove it in my face. im only 15 and its a horrible social problem. i know no one's treatments are the same but if you have a great one in mind that a lot of people seem to like. i'd really appreciate it. i need help. please tell me what to wash with. cream with. you name it. i'll probably try it.thanks so much =]

maci

[email protected]

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Here is how i see it: You've tried OTC washes and creams. You've tried varying levels of Anti-Biotics and you've used Retinols. But you still have persistant acne!

I would think it's time to look into other forms of treatment, perhaps radical one's. Have you looked closely at your diet and lifestyle choices?

Failing all that, i think you probably need to consider Accutane. Ask your Derm.

Well, it could be that she used the products incorrectly, used the wrong ones, or maybe got impatient and stopped using them. Some pictures would be great to see the severity of her acne.

First of all I think it would be best to quit the proactiv. It's extremely overpriced and you can get better results with products from the store.

First thing you should do is read up on the Clear Skin Regimen: http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

Read that. It includes what products to use, how to use them, and there are even videos to guide you. You basically only need three things: A cleanser, Benzoyl Peroxide, and a Moisturizer. Just remember, that it will take time. Don't expect fast results. It took me about 3 months to get clear.

If the regimen doesn't work, Grow_To_Overthrow, might be right, and you shoudl talk to your doctor about getting on Accuatne.

And, of course, feel free to ask questions here on the boards. Good luck!