Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skipper

Is this a stupid idea?

one time when i was swallowing a Doxy pill, some how there was a hole and a little powder came out- i thought since i hate swallowing big pills, isnt it easier just to put the capsule in water or cut it open and put the powder in water and drink it? is that stupid?

I would think some of the pill's strength could be lost if it were dilluted. I could be wrong, though - you could try googling. Or if it really is a huge bother to swallow, you can get small gel capsules and try to break the Doxy pill's powder into two smaller pills.........

on the other hand, I'm really not sure. You're probably safer googling!

Ever noticed how most pills have the warning on them that says "do not chew" or "swallow as whole" or things to that extent? That's because your body is not supposed to take the entire contents of the pill at one time. When it's in pill form in your body, it takes longer for it to be used fully. Somebody with some pharmaceutical knowledge back me up on this, I just remember hearing this from a relative in med school.

Well if it's one of those pills where you can pull the shell apart then it's fine to mix it in water and drink it. However, for pills that are solid it isn't wise to let it dissolve first and then drink it for the reason that Fry stated.

Most cyclines can give you nasty heartburn if you lay down sooner than 30 min after taking them. I wonder if you swallow the power form without the protective capsule around it, if you would get similar problems (burning the esophogus)?