Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Testosterone

Doctor may increase my Accutane dose

I see my Paediatrician (child doctor), I'm 15, this Tuesday upcoming.

First 2 weeks I was on 10mg and after that I was aloud to take 20mg. I've been on 20mg for 10 days now. I'm on day 24 of Accutane in total.

I have hardly any side effects except chapped lips and dried face but my face is good now and not too dry.

What can I tell my doctor so I can get to 40mg, she told me before she may put me on it next time I see her which is this Tuesday.

My accutane journal is below, please tell me something to say to my doc to get me on a higher dose hehe.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=105078&hl=

There really isn't anything in particular you can say that would convince a doctor to increase your doc. If they have already indicated their desire to increase your dose, the only thing you can do is not complain of any side-effects. That is a good policy throughout your treatment. Tell them of any side-effects emphasis you know that "dry lips" are par for the course.

(Of course, any serious side-effects, or side-effects which are troubling you, should definitely be discussed with your doctor.)