Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raph

does true dermabrasion help?

not micro, but i heard regular dermabrasion may help reduce oil, even out skin tone, and possibly reduce appearance of scars? i have hundreds of scarred and enlarged pores, should i go for it?

Be careful with dermabrasion. I had it done 6 years ago and it didn't do anything for my scars and even made some worse. I had it done by a plastic surgeon. Afterward I was told that sometimes dermabrasion will make scars look worse because underneath the first layer of skin the scar is wider, so removing that layer just reveals the wider scar. I would suggest you look into excision and subcision first. These are cheaper, less invasive procedures and for me I got much better results from the subscision than from the dermabrasion. Also, you may want to try more than one doctor. They will definitely try to push you into what they are familiar with or what may be most profitable for them, so be careful.

Good luck to you!

thanks 4 the replies.

momtothree: thanks for the info. I think i read somewhere though that it cost like 40$ for each individual exision?...and i have like 300 i need done. if thats true that'll get expensive fast. I'm not sure what to do, im so confused. :(