Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Veryverydesperate

Yay! Toothpaste burned my skin!! :)

I actually did this two days ago. Before I began posting on this message board.

And wouldn't you know it, when my skin is most vulnerable, and in it's worst shape, I manage to get a nice burn on my forehead.

Two, burns, actually. One burn that turned dark brown, and is the worst of the two. And the other remained the same color of my skin, but feels scaly and dry. I have applied some Nivea lotion to them, but they don't seem to be responding.

Any recommendations? I was considering using some Cocoa Butter, as that usually helps for burns.

Thanks in advance! :wall:

I just did this with tea tree oil...i'm tempted to peel off the skin, but i think it would make it raw...I don't know what we're supposed to do, mabye just keep it moisturized?

Don't do it! You'll get a scar most likely.

I don't want to moisturize it with something that might irritate it..and end up deforming me. [ I'm kidding. ]

But I really don't know what to be doing right now.

YEA I USED TOOTHPASTE ON A ZIT I HAD 5 OR 6 MONTHS AGO..YEA IT DECREASES THE SIZE OF THE ZIT..BUT IT LEAVES A MARK AND THE MARK IS STILL HERE

And wouldn't you know it, when my skin is most vulnerable, and in it's worst shape, I manage to get a nice burn on my forehead.

Two, burns, actually. One burn that turned dark brown, and is the worst of the two. And the other remained the same color of my skin, but feels scaly and dry. I have applied some Nivea lotion to them, but they don't seem to be responding.

Any recommendations? I was considering using some Cocoa Butter, as that usually helps for burns.

vitamin e. will heal that burn in less then a week. just pop one of the capsules and use the fluid on the burn.

just a comment on toothpaste. i'd heard that it was good for acne since i was i teenager. i think i even tried it on a zit once, i don't think it helped (it was so long ago i don't remember). but my comment is- the only place i dont' break out is my chin and when i brush my teeth i tend to get toothpaste on this area, so....