Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snorse

wash your face with mineral water

i have been a long time sufferer of acne, ranging from mild to severe over the last 12 years. i'm 29 now. i started using proactiv about 4 years ago, with breaks in between to try other products cuz the acne was still flaring up. but eventually went back on proactiv cuz other products were worse, namely murad and philosophy. about 6 months ago, i started washing my face with bottled mineral water - still staying on proactiv - cuz i thought my skin might be sensitive to tap water. i live in london right now. the water here is supposed to be quite hard. 2 weeks after i started using only mineral water, my skin was much softer. 2 months after, the acne was dramatically reduced. and now my skin is completely clear.. well almost, i got one spot with my last period. the scars are about 80% gone now. after having acne for so long.. i still cannot believe how lucky i am to have found THE cure. i know they say there isn't a cure for acne, but this definitely qualifies as a cure for me! it may sound like a pain to have to wash your face from a bottle. at first, i didn't quite know how i was going to make it work. but i've gotten used to it now. i get these 5 liter bottles of mineral water - i use ice valley just cuz they come in 5 L bottles. and here in the uk, there is a distinction between mineral water and spring water. when i was looking for water, i made sure the label stated "natural mineral water" cuz only water that hasn't been processed can carry that label. then i fill 2 750 ml bottles - i use ones that have the small opening so you can squirt the water out. but to make the water lukewarm, i boil a tiny amount in the electric boiler then split it between the two bottles. i wash my face as normal, just using mineral water instead. i'm still using proactiv just cuz i don't really want to change anything now that my face is clear. i do wonder if my face will still be clear without proactiv, but all i know is proactiv did not work without the mineral water regimen. when i take a shower, i try my best not to get water from the shower on my face. it's not easy, but you'll learn. in the last 2 months, i have also gone on a smoothie blitz. i wasn't really thinkign about my skin when i started blending my own smoothies. but i've noticed it's definitely helped me stay clear also. i use whatever fruit i can find, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, kiwifruit, nectarines, strawberries, blackberries, grapes. i have a 700 ml jug of smoothie every morning, sometimes in the evening as well. and my skin seems to be loving it! one more thing, i drink only mineral water as well. i hope this helps someone out there. it's worked a miracle for me so i had to share it. please recycle your bottles if you do this cuz you will be going through a lot of bottles.

Good for you.

Same. Glad all your efforts are paying of, keep the smoothies up! Im tempted to try this as I doubt Manchester tap water is anything but good for my skin.

I live in the capital of my state but we have REALLY clear water and I don't think it's bad at all. It comes from a well and doesn't have fluoride in it at all.

i would try it for a few days... i think you'll love how much softer your skin feels. i remembered thinking, wow, what has tap water been doing to my skin..

i'm not sure if tap water anywhere is untreated, it's usually got loads of chemicals in it. that said, i lived in boston for 2 years and north carolina for 4. i do think that between the uk, asia and us, my skin was probably best in the us. worst in the uk.

i'm not sure if tap water anywhere is untreated, it's usually got loads of chemicals in it. that said, i lived in boston for 2 years and north carolina for 4. i do think that between the uk, asia and us, my skin was probably best in the us. worst in the uk.

ill be typically english here, 'bloody lovely!'