Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all,

I am a new poster to this forum and appreciate the information and support from here. I have been following some of the messages about needling some 4 months ago. I must say I was pretty excited about hearing about this method for scar alleviation. Conseqently, I started trying this out myself as recommended by some of the more experienced posters here.

My question is : am the above listed steps in order and has anyone also experienced the same lack of results or I should do them more. Any comments are welcome, thanks for your help in advance.

Firstly, no scabs for over a month, that's not how it is.

I needled my scars and saw visible improvements only about 2 weeks after, and now nearly four weeks later I see great improvements in one scar.

Like you, it was slightly painful and I didn't hear popping sounds.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment, I guess needling just doesn't work for everyone.

I needled my scars and saw visible improvements only about 2 weeks after, and now nearly four weeks later I see great improvements in one scar.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment, I guess needling just doesn't work for everyone.

Hi j.l.r.m,

so you are saying you didn't hear any sound too and you have the scabs for about 4 weeks before they finally come off. am I right ?

Can i just ask, approximately how old are these scars you have treated?

If it doesnt I was saying to move on to other treatments. Loads of people put tca on scars and do scab once a month only to have very little results. This would definately be unacceptable to me unless only a few treatments were needed.

It depends on how much you mind having scabs on your face. All my scars are on my forehead and temples, so it's pretty easy to just wear a hat.

Let's try this again....you don't needle every few weeks or once a month because you are disturbing forming collagen.

Let's try this again....you don't needle every few weeks or once a month because you are disturbing forming collagen.

So then if you're not supposed to wait a month, then how long are you supposed to wait inbetween each needling session?

i waited 2 months before getting a second needling, should I wait longer next time? :doubt:

Hi j.l.r.m,

so you are saying you didn't hear any sound too and you have the scabs for about 4 weeks before they finally come off. am I right ?

Can i just ask, approximately how old are these scars you have treated?

I meant that I had no scabs at all.

Also, the scars were of varying ages. The one I saw the most improvement in was a few months old, but others that were younger/older did not have as much improvement. I guess it has nothing to do with the age of the scars.

Denise2 said:

I did not use copper petide, retin-A, or other form of medication(though I do take vit C tabs only as regular suppl.)

Presently, I am on a course of roaccutane (not to remove the acne but just to suppress the oil), not sure if that affects anything?

I waited for slightly 4 weeks before judging the results and returning to the old scar again. The improvements (if any) were quite minimal.

thanks

wcbat said:
Denise2 said:

Hi Denise,

I think its a pertinent question posted by some of us here, what is a safe period to wait before deciding the

percentage of success.

I was hoping to clear a particular doubt with this post i.e. whether if the lack of progress is due to the discrepancy in my procedure/sequence/timing as compared to what other successful people did or that my condition is just not right for this form of treatment.

Wcbat,read the post by Shyana.What's your thought?

One thing I've said over and over is that if you have had invasive procedures before, needling doesn't seem to be as effective as it does on people who have never had invasive procedures done. Of course that doesn't apply to people everywhere at all times, but it does seem to be a trend.

BTW...if you aren't scabbing or getting pretty bloody and red, then you probably aren't needling yourself enough. If there is little to no injury, your body isn't going to produce the collagen necessary to fill in your scar.