Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imogen_

makeup while on accutane

Hey everyone,

I'm currently on accutane and my skin has never been so shine-free the entire day :D . That's the good part.

Now the bad part -- the flaking!!! I use moisturiser before applying foundation and concealer and things would look good for a few hours, but as the day goes my skin would start flaking and there'll be patches of flakey skin :( . Looks awful, especially on the areas where i've applied concealer.

Any tips?

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I've found that mineral makeup is the only thing that seems to works for me. It doesn't make my skin flaky. I actually did'nt know how bad the flaky-ness was till I uses a liquid and a cream makeup using a sponge.

Imogen. When you wash your face before applying on makeup, use a loofa and some mositerizing body wash or cleanser on your face and scrub the dry skin until it's gone. you can also try other than a loofa a face exfoliating pad that usually costs a dollar and scrub with a moisturizing cleanser. This should do the trick :)